Hi - Not sure if i belong here.....

Sam_Star

Mummy to a Battle Maiden
Reaction score
Hi everyone
Im Samantha and my daughter Elinor was born with a Diaphragmatic Hernia and Truncus Arteriosus, she may also have Hip Dysplasia (were waiting for tests) im not sure if we should be here but i am having a hard time coming to terms with what my poor girlie has gone through and still has to go through!
My hubby says that i should have excepted this when i was pregnant but i suppose i buried my head in the sand until she was born and while she was in hospital i barely had time to think! Since she has been home i have been fine - until noticing her one leg is ever so slightly shorter than the other and she has a crease on her one thigh that is not on the other.
Now i cant seem to stop thinking about everything all at once im overwhelmed and dont know how to catch my breath!
Any advice? xx
Thanks in advance xxxx

I'm sorry that I don't have any advice but wanted to let you know the ladies are very supportive. Someone will respond soon. :hugs:

Hiya Sam,

Sorry to hear your not having a great time :hugs:

As you know Alex has the same heart condition as Elinor, i can relate to how your feeling, the only way i can descibe it is like been on a rollercoaster.

I found my HV was a great support but since moving its not so great:cry:

Fingers crossed that the test results come back negative

Hugs to you and Elinor:hugs:

Hi Hun, katie, my oldest has hip dysplasia and is just about to come out of her cast! I know what it's like when you're waiting to find out if they've got it and when you're waiting for treatment to start! I can honestly say tho it's not bothered her in the slightest! If you want to pm me, feel free cos I don't get on much but il know if I get a pm! :hugs:

Hi,

My son (4 now) was born with diaphragmatic hernia which was repaired at GOS with a gortex patch, he also has a lot of other issues and is undiagnosed but they are sure that it is all related.
He also has one leg longer than the other by about 2.5cm so wears boots with a raise on the outside and insoles.
There is a good website for diaphragmatic hernia called "cherubs" which is really helpful if you want more support on it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->