Hi there.

ljo1984

2DDs,2angels <3
Reaction score
:blush: mmmmm I'm a lurker here! I love reading your stories and think you are all fantastic! I had my little girl in january last year And was looking forward to an active birth in hospital after reading up and going to the class. My waters broke at 9am and started with irregular contractions that evening. the next morning the pain was quite intense and was booked in on delivery anyway so off I went. I was 3 cm and was put on a Pitocin drip!!! If only I knew then what I knew now!! :nope: I had to be monitored so was strapped up but couldn't move off the bed because the stupid sensors kept slipping, gas and air I was happy with until they pumped the volume up on the drip. After 5 hours i was only 4 cm and thought the pain was not worth it for 1 cm in 5 hours and had an epi which I was devastated about. The good thing was I went to 10th while sat on edge of bed:happydance: but then like alot of induced labours her heart rate was dropping and out came the forceps!!:cry:

Was so not the birth I wanted and now I've been in this section I'm even more detetmained to make sure I get my labour next time! Active, hypnobirthing, maybe at home I'm not decided yet! I've been ttc 7 months now so it hasn't put me off but would love to join you all soon. Xxxxx:hugs:

You'll find quite a few women here including me :) who share a 'not quite the birth I'd planned' type experience and want to do things differently the next time. With the right information, decisions and confidence (and support here helps no end!) I'm sure our next births will be a more positive experience.

Welcome, and good luck TTC, we finally fell pregnant after 10mths this time around :)

:dust:

Welcome! I hope you have success TTC soon and get a more positive birth experience next time. My story is like yours (exchange forceps for ventouse) so I can veery much relate to where you are coming from. I left the hospital thinking thank heavens for modern medicine. Two years of depression and anxiety later (I've had two differently qualified people say they think I've had PTSD just recently); much self-analysis followed by reading which backed up EVERY conclusion I'd come to and I can see now how completely avoidable the experience was. That made me really angry! I'm now working through all of this in order to be calm and unafraid for my birth next month. If you can work through those feelings before even getting pregnant all the better! :hugs:

Welcome to the board! Once you get that :bfp: you can come along to the hugely popular and at times standing room only, Leeds home birth group to talk to other mums pondering home or at least very positive empowering births. Lovely to have you here regardless of your current 'status' ie TTC or choice of birthing location!!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->