Hiccups

Samanthatc

Reaction score
I know hiccups are normal in pregnancy but this baby seems to have them all the time lately. Like at least 5 times a day if not more lately. Last night I was up for three hours, I couldn’t sleep and baby had hiccups 3 times during that time.

My next midwife appointment isn’t until next Wednesday so I’ll talk to her about it then but should I call her earlier? Do you think it’s cause for concern? Worried baby isn’t getting enough oxygen or something!

I could be wrong but theres only fluid in the sac so it wouldnt be oxygen/air. It could be like you and I when we drink too much too fast and get hiccups though?

Aw so confused and stressed. I was reading a website that said frequent hiccups (more than three times a day) after 32 weeks wasn’t common and that it could be a sign of cord compression

All my babies have been severe hiccupers when pregnant! And I'm only 19+5 now and the hiccups have started early! I don't think it's a cause for concern though all my babies have been fine?

I didn't know it was a cause for concern, mine both had hiccups around 5 times a day, every day from around 32 weeks or so. Always mention it if you are worried, though. :)

Yeah my last baby was the same, always hiccuping and I didn’t worry but I was up with them three times last night and started Googling - big mistake. I’ve been getting hiccups for ages too but they seem to have intensified this week and this wedsite basically said increased hiccups in the weeks before giving birth could be cause for concern. That website freaked me out so I ended up giving my midwife a call and she totally reassured me. As have you ladies, thank you. She said, like I thought, hiccups are perfectly fine. Feeling better having heard it from her though :)

I'm a serial Googler too! Got myself in a panic today because I googled is it safe to blow up bloody balloons when pregnant hahaha! Only because I was blowing up balloons for my sons birthday and my stomach starting hurting and I was getting BH, I'm only 19 weeks! Stay away from Google hahaha

Hahaha oh no! Blowing up balloons is exhausting! Rest up and hopefully the braxton hicks ease up

I couldn't even do it! That's how breathless I am right now, I managed 3 and everything hurt afterwards! I'll buy a pump next time lol!

You poor thing! Pregnancy can be so tough. I have shortness of breath lately too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->