hiccups?

MillieJoan

WTT for #2 late 2013 :-)
Reaction score
My DH and I went to our first birth class last night, and the nurse talked about kick counting. She said multiple times that hiccups don't count as movement. . . Only one problem: I have no idea what hiccups feel like!

The baby moves a lot at certain times of the day (rolling, flipping, kicking, punching, etc), and sometimes I get what feel like little taps. . . Are these hiccups? Can anyone describe the feeling to me?

lol, I know she does hiccup b/c we watched her do it at the 18 week ultrasound, but she was too small then for me to feel them! :wacko:

They feel like a rhythmic pulse and will stay in the same spot until baby moves. Mine last anywhere from a few to ten minutes, and are 2 to 4 seconds apart. You will know it when you finally feel them :)

Oh, you'll know hiccups. Just like Robinator said they feel like rhythmic taps or bumps. When LO gets bigger you may even see your belly bounce with them...its kinda cute. I don't think I felt my LO get them until I was around 31/32 weeks and since then he has them all the time.

i agree that you definitely know when u feel them- theres nothing else they could be. its like a pulse but stronger, a regular tapping. When i first felt them it felt really faint, now sometimes its stronger than others depending on her position. I mainly feel them low down, like just above my groin. They last from a couple of mins to 10 mins with our lo, and she tends to get them 2-3 times a day,though she goes through phases where she'll get them loads more (like 8 times a day) and there are random days she wont get them at all. But its a really distinctive feeling. How far along are u? I dont think i first felt them til about 24 weeks?

i agree that you definitely know when u feel them- theres nothing else they could be. its like a pulse but stronger, a regular tapping. When i first felt them it felt really faint, now sometimes its stronger than others depending on her position. I mainly feel them low down, like just above my groin. They last from a couple of mins to 10 mins with our lo, and she tends to get them 2-3 times a day,though she goes through phases where she'll get them loads more (like 8 times a day) and there are random days she wont get them at all. But its a really distinctive feeling. How far along are u? I dont think i first felt them til about 24 weeks?

I'm 29+3 today. I do feel tappings sometimes, but I don't think they're rhythmic enough to be quite what you're all describing.

Mine aren't always rhythmic. They are typically a few seconds apart and feel like a tapping or somewhat like the first kicks that we feel. Very light tapping that is sometimes hard to detect unless you're not doing much.

Yeah you will know hun - Its just constant tap tap tap, like a heartbeat but slower if you get me? I always feel them right down in my foo foo :) xx

My little girl gets them all the time. At least once or twice a day. I can feel them where I know her body/chest is and I also feel them oddly enough in my whoha...lol. She is low and head down so when she hiccups her head bounces against my cervix. Its definatly off, but I can tell the difference between her hiccups and her feet, her hands knees and elbows. I was in the hospital and they were trying to find her heartbeat, I decided it would be best if I told them where she was instead of them moving it all over the side where she wasnt laying. They found it instantly after I told them lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->