High beta Hcg very high?! Worried

hereitgoes

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hi girls, I am worried about my beta as Google tells me it is high. The clinic where I had it drawn (not my IVF clinic - regular blood clinic) also say it is high. I am so worried about Molar pregnancy or identical twins as I am 41. My Beat on Tues was 1116 and Friday, 4,500. I worked out the doubling time is 35 hours. Has anyone had a high Hcg and everything has been ok? Thanks in advance

How far along are you? It's hard to say if those numbers are a just a bit high or if they are crazy high when you don't have any other info. But a fast rise like that doesn't always mean something is wrong or it's twins. Some babies just do that to Mom. If there's one thing I can honestly say about hCG numbers in pregnancy, it's that there is no true 'normal' number when it comes to hormones. I know women who have had high and/or quick rising numbers and had a healthy normal singleton pregnancy. I know women who have had 'normal' hCG levels and gone on to have twins. I personally have always had lower and slower rising hCG levels with my pregnancies-both unsuccessful and successful. The 'normal' range for hCG levels is HUGE and it can vary from pregnancy to pregnancy. I can see from your signature that you've dealt with infertility in the past so I understand your worries but I would try to relax as much as you can right now. If it eases your mind, talk to your doctor about your fears and see if you can get an ultrasound scheduled for 6-7 weeks to check things out. Good luck and I hope this helped.

I'd be happy with those numbers, mine were doubling every one and a half days when I had 3 betas done each 3 days apart.

Sounds like your numbers a good. Mine were double at around the same rate and doctor said they were perfect. I’ve got one healthy baby on board!

I agree. Numbers look good and 35 hours is fine. Not scientific, but another member and I had twins and noticed that we were doubling closer to 25-27 hours. So I wouldn’t panic just yet ;). But that’s just anecdotal

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->