high blood pressure?

autumnalways

Reaction score
Good evening Ladies!

I am curious if anyone has had some similar experiences as me, so I thought I'd make a post.

About a month ago I realized that my blood pressure was running on the higher side (130-140's/90's). I decided that before trying ttc that I would start exercising and eating healthy. After 2 weeks my blood pressure was always decreasing and has now steadily been in the 120's and lower/70's-low 80's. I have been so happy. However, when going to the doctor or when taking it at work (I work at a hospital) it goes really high.

So today I decided that I would make a quick stop at my local Dr. office and have them check it too. They got 146/96 and then after I sat a few minutes it went down to 134/93... As soon as I left and came home I checked it on my cuff and it was 133/80 and then down to 115/76 (which is about what I've been getting on a normal basis at home)....

The hubby and I don't want to continue ttc if I have a high blood pressure issue, but at the same time I feel that my blood pressure is anxiety induced because I have a month worth of journal entries of my bp showing that within the past 3 weeks it has been perfect 100 percent of the time.

I am getting really frustrated because I have worked myself silly and changed my diet so drastically and I see it perfect at the house every day when I check it. Plus my fertile window is only a few days away.... I just don't know what to make of it.

I have this problem it's called 'white coat syndrome' it just means that the anxiety of getting it taken in the dr office or hospital makes it go up. Mine is alway up at the dr but fine at home so I don't worry

I have a family history of high bp, but since exercising and eating healthy it has gotten great all the time when I take it at home. I guess mine and the hubby's concern is once we are expecting is the OB going to try to put me on meds because it's high when I go to the dr.... I'm paranoid anyways.

Do you do shift work? I have a family history of it as well and was having trouble with mine being in the same range as yours when I also worked at a hospital. I tried some medications but didn't really want to be on those in my early 20s when this was happening. Ultimately I had to stop working nights and change jobs. The combo of anxiety and night shift work seemed to be the trigger.

I am working monday-friday 8-4:30.. I don't feel very stressed, except when going to the doctor. And have to have my bp done. I know it's an irrational fear, but for some reason I cant stop it from happening. I hate it. I dont want medicine if my bp is good except when they take it.

sounds like your blood pressure raises when you get anxiety from going to the dr office. my blood pressure is on the low side and always has been. maybe its cuz im such a petite girl. but the doctor told me although its very low, its my normal and everyone has their own normal. she told me shes not concerned cuz its always low and never goes up or down in an alarming way.

When I was pregnant the drs wanted to put me on meds for
It but Insisted that it was fine at home and in the end they accepted my home monitoring readings. Perhaps you could suggest that?

My bp did actually go up towards the end of that pregnancy so I told the midwife/doctors and I did go on the meds in the end but that was because I needed to.

I agree you likely will be fine (although no guarantees obviously) but you could just continue checking yourself during preg and take your readings in. it's great to get an average over a week as that is more accurate than your one-off reading with the doc anyways.

a good doctor should be fine with that! sounds like you did great with all the lifestyle changes anyways :flower:

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I check it at least daily and it's always good so it's a relief to hear that doctors will take it into consideration. I know the bp monitor is reading correctly because before the life style changes it did read higher and as I've lost weight and made the changes it has went down. The hubby and I discussed I may try to lose weight for a few more months just to get even healthier before continuing to try. It's so hard to wait, but I want to make the healthiest place for my baby to be for 9 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->