high prolactin

ladders

Reaction score
Hi
Myself and dh have been undergoing tests for why not so far managed to conceive. My initial bloods have shown a raised prolactin level of 712 range 50-400. I have to have a test again on Tuesday to see if still high or was a one off. Iv read a lot about it on the Internet but wondered if any ladies out there have had or have this and how did you get along?
Thank you

I am fighting that battle right now. Why would my body want to get pregnant if it already thinks it's pregnant. There are some meds that drive prolactin levels up (like Vyvance for ADD) but there is a medication to bring those prolactin levels down also. Also some other hormone imbalances can drive up the prolactin levels. I am currently taking parlodel for it. I have more labs on Monday to get a better idea of what my hormones are doing.

It doesn't make it impossible to conceive - just your body needs to know it's NOT pregnant so that it will get pregnant. :) Good luck to you.

Did you have any other tests before being prescribed the medication, my gp was talking about mri but not sure if would have to have that first before. If it is a problem then I just want to get started with treatment so have a better chance of conceiving.
Can I ask what your initial level was?

My wife has raised prolactin. She had 2 blood tests and an MRI to rule out a tumour. She didnt have a tumour and is now on cabergoline tablets to bring her level down. It was 1050 in November. She is due more labs soon to see if it is working. We haven't tried again since diagnosis. Due to start again next week but I am going to try for a while til we sort out her hormones etc. Perk of our situation though x

Let me know how you get along with the next bloods. Did they give your wife meds before the mri? Or did you have to wait?

My OH has high prolactin levels so abit different here but he has been on Carbagoline tablets twice a week for almost a year now. His levels have gone back to normal but sex drive is still out.
There is a lady in the 'baby names' section who is going through similar to you and I think shes a little father along..have a look out for her sig I cant remember her name. Good luck with everything

I didn't have an MRI or anything else -- just blook work. I think my blood level has a different unit of measure. My level was 23.3 ng/mL which is at the extreme high end of "normal". I don't remember my initial levels.

She started meds following MRI. She didnt have a tumour thank goodness. They did two bloods before starting to rule out stress which can make it higher but second one came back even higher than first and she also had some milkly fluid coming out of her boobs etc so was symptomatic etc x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->