• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

High risk for Down's syndromr

In my situation I was first told I had a chance our baby would have DS or another genetic disorder. This was based on NT Scan which revealed extra fluid behind neck. I believe it was 3.0 mm. We then got the Harmony Test, which came back negative. Well yesterday I go to get a Anatomy Scan at 16 weeks and a white spot was seen on his heart (Echogenic intracardiac focus). I was then told that regardless of the negative Harmony results, that it does not cover EVERYTHING (nor is as accurate as Amino). I was told this is now the second indication of DS or another Genetic Disorder. No more determinations were made during the Anatomy Scan because he wouldn't fully cooperate and they said it was too earlier. I'm scheduled to go back in my 19th week. Amino was offered but I fiqure it's no use because we are going to keep the baby regardless.

Bless you, I know heart conditions can be part of Ds as well as a condition in their own right. I too had high risk for Ds and that came back negative on the harmony test so I was dreading the 20w scan that was done at 18w for me. Luckily we look like we are in the clear. IF your little one turns out to have heart issues they now can do south that it is not the end of the world it once was. Having read LOTs in this it would appear that markers are often seen and they mean nothing in the end!
Good luck xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"