High Risk Pregnancy - Elevated Quad Screen

backwardsmann

Reaction score
Just a worried husband here researching for more information. I did not have opportunity to call our OB back before they closed so looking for so information if people have been in similar situations.

To start my wife just turned 26 years old.

Our OB called my wife today and told us that our Quad Screen blood test from last week had came up abnormal for Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome) she was told that we have a 1/110 chance of having a child with Down Syndrome.

She recommended that we take Materniti21 test which is suppose to be 99% accurate. So my wife went back in today and had blood drawn. She was told it would be about a week before we would get results.

So, my wife currently is a mess, but I am staying as positive as I can. That risk level is still under 1% probability, so I will be saying lots of prayers over the nest week.

Main reason for the post is have anyone else experience this high risk probability from this quad screen, and if so what are the next steps we can look at. Also if you know how accurate these test are that would be helpful.

Thank you in advance.

Husband

I had screening at 12.5 weeks and 1 in 18 chance of DS. We did the harmony test and it was all clear which is similar to materni21. The genetic counselor said she was happy with those results and does see the need for more testing unless I wanted to. So far almost 28 weeks and nothing on us to suggest otherwise and I've had several. 1:110 chance is low and everything is most likely fine.
Next step would be amniocentesis if you aren't happy with materni21 test results are don't feel confident with results.

You're welcome!! I spent many days worrying and researching etc. these screening tests have so many false positives. I think I read something like only 2-3% who screen positive actually have an issue. I'm sure it will all work out. Fx for you!

I think that is a low chance. I will keep you and your wife in my prayers that everything turns out normal.

My friend was told she had a 1 in 9 high risk, after weeks of stress she has the amnio at 15 weeks and it showed the baby to be healthy :)

Eta:
I didn't realise this was an old post sorry for reviving

My husband and I had a 1/5 risk. We passed the CVS and microarray test (no chromosomal issues). Your risk is much, much, much lower than that, as in less than 1%. I would try not to worry as the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor.

Whoops, didnt realize this was old either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->