High Risk Pregnancy

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Hope you’re all feeling well and taking care xx I’m currently 12+1 and at my first OB visit at 6wks he noticed my blood pressure was high. He’s delivered my four babies and taken care of me during all pregnancies and never have I had a single instance of high blood pressure (normally I have low BP). He took the reading 4 times and it didn’t come down.

He told me to start taking asprin and monitor my BP daily until my next appointment. Well it remained high every day and he diagnosed me with high BP and told me I’ll need to be managed through the high risk pregnancy clinic.

Has anyone had experience with a high risk pregnancy and how did it compare to your other “low risk” pregnancies if you had them. I’m worried I won’t be able to have the freedoms I guess I’ve had in previous pregnancies but maybe a little excited to have more scans and checkups.

It just means u will be seen more and have extra scans etc. my last 3 were all high risk:
I’m glad to see ure ok I was worried about you.
I would of been joining you again but I lost my baby at 5+1 in June.
Just getting over covid now and still ttc. 6 months now.
Starting to think it’s never going to happen.
:-(

Hey, sorry to hear about your blood pressure, that must be a worry. I'm glad they are keeping a close eye on you moving forward. I'm also in the high risk club but I haven't seen the medical obstetric team yet. I don't have high blood pressure but have tested positive for Anti Ro antibodies that can cause complications in the foetus so need extra monitoring and scans. There will be differences depending where you are and what your healthcare provider / trust's policy is on high risk pregnancies - you should ask your OB/GYN doctor what this will mean for you. For many women it will mean limited options in labour and delivery as well as more frequent monitoring throughout the pregnancy. For example, where I am high risk women cannot deliver in the midwife led maternity unit in the community hospital but have to go to the general hospital where there are operating theatres just in case anything goes wrong - we also have to have more monitoring during labour so will be strapped to the monitor more frequently and for longer periods of time. Interventions and monitoring may also depend on the nature of risk. For example, in my case there is a risk that baby may develop congenital heart block, so I will need regular scans of baby's heart, starting from 18 weeks. The best thing to keep in mind is that you have a dedicated healthcare team whose sole focus is to bring about the best outcome for you and your child, and any questions about what this will mean for you in terms of reduced freedoms / L&D options is something you should feel free to discuss with them at any time throughout your pregnancy. Hope this helps a little!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->