hip dislocation

Mummy2B1989

Reaction score
I have a joint hypermobility disorder which makes my spd much worse. I got induced with ds1 for this reason and have to grt induced next week with ds2. now..my joints are known to dislocate anyway but never my hips. a few days ago my left hip dislocated after id been standing doing dishes for a while but popped back in quickly. its done the same again this morning but nkw I have an unbearable pain in my side. I can barely move. should I call maternity? what would they do?

You poor thing. I would definitely call maternity
Hope u feel better soon xx

I have bilateral hip dysplasia (meaning both hips frequently dislocate) and have had for most of my life. If you have spd it's probably just all the relaxins, also if baby is engaged it can make your hips 'pop' out (or at least feel like they have). It's worth mentioning to maternity as when you're in labour baby can cause more damage to the hips. It's pretty unlikely they'll do anything about it while you're pregnant, other than maybe give you exercises but they may look into it further after baby is born. Try some heat packs, a warm bath and paracetamol to ease some of the pain. I know all this because I've just had a lengthy discussion with my midwives about my hips which have been dislocating on a daily basis and this is what they told me.
Good luck!

I've been having problems with my hips coming out of place for this pregnancy, too. The doctors told me there's really nothing they can do about it other than pain management. It's SO frustrating and painful sometimes!

Having ehlors danlos syndrome I am in the same situation. My doctors are very supportive and have agreed to induce before 37 weeks for this reason x as hard as it is stay active as rest for any hypermobility disorder will make pain and dislocation worse xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->