Hip pain started last night - don't think it's SPD

Leila Fae

Mummy to Andrew
Reaction score
I've just had the worst night of my pregnancy so far. I've been struggling with sleeping positions but last night I was in agony. Aside from a bout of cramp in my foot my hips were screaming at me. I tried putting a pillow between my legs but it didn't make much difference.

This morning my hips are still sore and I'm dreading another night like that.

Having done some SPD research I don't think it's that as it doesn't feel pelvic - very localised to the hips.

Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

SPD is part of what is known as Pregnancy related pelvic pain. Have a look at the Pelvic partnership website and it will give you more info. My Physio is treating me for hip pain which is caused by my pelvis going out of alignment.

It isn't easy to get comfortable with sore hips unfortunately and I find sitting for a while makes it worse and it takes a while to get going afterwards. I really hope you can find some relief. For me lying down I have pillows wedged in behind my back and under my bump and that helps and a hot water bottle held against the sore hip can help as well.

Sounds like pgp pelvic gurdle pain Hun I have it really bad x x

Thank you for the replies ladies. I'll give it a couple of days and call my midwife on Monday if it's persisting. I've had physio for hip pain before so perhaps I have a bit of a weakness there.

I have the burning sensation in my left hip during the night x

I had it for about 4 days last week then it moved to my butt and lower back. Then my bump popped out and it went away. If it persists, I'd definitely call about it though. Hope you feel better :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->