Hip pain whilst sleeping

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
Just wondered if any of you ladies may be able to help.

I’m generally a tummy sleeper but for obvious reasons I can’t be anymore. So I’ve been sleeping on my side but in the last 2 weeks I’ve developed the most horrific pain in my hips when I’m sleeping. It feels like my hips are on fire, a little bit like pins and needles and I’m finding myself waking up every hour or so to roll over.

I’ve got my pregnancy pillow which I put between my knees which helps slightly but it’s getting worse. When I’m up and about during the day it’s absolutely fine, no pain whatsoever but on first waking and during the night I could cry the pain is so intense.

I just wondered if any of you had experienced this as I don’t remember having this with my first 2 and if so was there anything that helped ease the pain slightly.

Tia

I've been rolling over more often than once an hour for a long time.

I found a heating pad helps some on the worse days. The pillow I use between my legs is a thick memory foam pillow, not a "pregnancy pillow."

It sounds like your pain is worse than mine, don't know if it has anything to do with the pillow used.

I also wear a belly band during the day if I will be standing or walking much.

I had SPD with DD2 and sleeping was a nightmare I was in so much pain . Pregnancy pillow did help a little . I ended up with a belly band for the last few weeks not fun .

I’m already starting to get hip pain now from sleeping on my sides ! All I can suggest is use your pregnancy pillow and normal pillows under your hips ! It’s a nightmare !

Go to a physio to rule out anything that needs help hon
Also they will give u tips and exercises to help with the pain
Def heat is good. But not too hot directly.on bump.
Belly band or belt could help too. Xx
Hope it gets better.
Get help now in case it gets worse. X

Hi hun. Yes,yes and yes. I have the exact same. Im at the point my left hip has almost gotten podgy or swollen like its made a protective cushion. I also turn every hour or less. Im at the point of 2 pregnancy pillows to lean into and to be honest some days are good others bad.everybody is different and what works for some might not work for others BUT hey try anything u can. I have tried heat, cold,massages and rubbing them stupid to increase blood flow before sleeping and cant really report too much success. Hope something helps your pain.
Cant wait to sleep on my belly again. Omg!!

It’s awful isn’t it. I’m so grumpy from lack of sleep it’s not even funny!

I get a bit stiff during the day but nothing compared to what night times are, I’m at a point where I dread going to bed because I know I’m not sleeping. I’ve even tried spending the night on the sofa but that makes it worse.

I’m trying not to make a big deal of it because I know the bigger I get the worse it’ll get but Jesus it’s so uncomfortable.

With my first 2 I suffered with bad back more than anything but this is so much worse :brat:

It’s awful isn’t it. I’m so grumpy from lack of sleep it’s not even funny!

I get a bit stiff during the day but nothing compared to what night times are, I’m at a point where I dread going to bed because I know I’m not sleeping. I’ve even tried spending the night on the sofa but that makes it worse.

I’m trying not to make a big deal of it because I know the bigger I get the worse it’ll get but Jesus it’s so uncomfortable.

With my first 2 I suffered with bad back more than anything but this is so much worse :brat:
Ah no its terrible. So sorry hun.
To be honest i havent felt too much difference in the pain whilst getting bigger. Fingers crossed. Ha ha klonk. Still aweful tho and yes i relate on dreading bed. Like a nightmare zone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->