Hipp vs Holle

xelatib

Mom of 3 boys!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I'm pregnant with my 4th and breastfed the other 3. Due to some medical concerns I'm anticipating needing to formula feed so that I can take some medication that is incompatible with breastfeeding. I'm in the US but while doing research on organic formulas I came across Hipp and Holle formulas. What do people feel is better? Is it worth trying to obtain one of these in the US? Thanks!

Personally, I would use whatever is easiest for you to buy. You will run out at some point and need to make a run to the store at 11pm and you'll want to be able to use something that's accessible where you live. I wouldn't stress about whether it's organic, if it's not easy for you to buy locally. I can't imagine there aren't organic formulas in the U.S. We used Hipp very briefly, switched to it from a standard non-organic formula here after we stopped breastfeeding, and had a really horrible experience. It's meant to be more gentle than other formulas, but actually it gave my daughter awful reflux - screaming with every feed and then projectile vomiting everywhere after. We'd never had reflux while BF or while using two other brands of formula that we tried before that. But Hipp was horrible. It took me about a week to realise that it must be the new formula and we switched back to the other brand (Cow & Gate) straight away. Reflux went away and we never had it again. So that's just to say that these organic or gentle formula brands aren't always right for every baby. I plan to BF again next time, but if I need to use formula, I wouldn't bother with the organic ones unless they were the only ones that worked for us.

I'm in the US and order hipp from britstore.com. it's at my house in 5 days! I don't know about holle, but I love hipp! Our organic formulas contain some type of sugar- refined sugar or corn syrup etc. Hipp uses lactose as the carb. My baby seems really happy on it. I have some similar- the one for breastfeeding moms, here also. I was using that in the middle of the night to supplement with bfp, because it was a ready to feed. I think hipp is great and although shipping is a lot the formula is cheap so it costs the same as buying formula here.

Hiya hun,

I'm using Holle and it is wonderful! I was going to exclusively breastfeed but bubs is a real gobble guts and no matter how much I expressed I couldn't make as much as she wants. Anyway, usually I breastfeed and then give her a bottle of Holle as a 'top-up' to keep her satisfied. The consistency looks more like breast milk than a lot of the other formulas out there and I like that its organic...makes me feel better...even if I'm fooling myself haha. She is thriving from having both and in 8 weeks time I'm weaning her off the breast and just using Holle.

I thought I was going to have to try all sorts of formulas to find one she likes but she was happy with Holle from day one. Definitely recommend it! Good luck and all the best :flower:

P.S.
I'm in Australia so I'm not sure how it works in the US but I couldn't find Holle anywhere so I just asked my local Supermarket if they could get it in for me...and now they're stocking it!

My DD gets one bottle of formula a day and we are just now starting on Holle. I order through a lady on eBay and received my box in just three days (I'm in the states).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->