HippyMumma23 birth story. *****

HippyMumma23

Reaction score
I wasnt sure I was going to do this but I really want to re live it so Ive decided to do a birth story!

Started 10 days overdue, I went to bed about 9ish. Woken up by a contraction at 10.30pm I quickly realised it may finally be the real thing as they were regular (unlike my other teasing contractions!) and coming every 7 mins. I went down stairs where dp was watching tv, 15 mins later they every 6 mins, 15 mins more they were every 5. Things were gping fast and I needed to call my doula. She was taking me to hosp 30 mins away while dp waited for hus mum to turn up and look after sleeping ds, she lives two hours away though! I hoped he'd make it.

Just after 11pm they are 3 mins apart and I call labour ward to check they arent busy. They arent and I say I'll stay hone longer. But during phone call they start coming every minute. I hang up, carry on a bit longer until they get really strong and midnight I say I want to go.

We arrive at 12.30am I get out the car and the contractions are coming every 30 seconds.

I gerlt in hosp, they slow down briefly (for 20 mins Id say) Im told thats normal on arrival and they soon picked up again. They examined me as I wanted to go in the pool ( which looked beautiful, like a spa pool!).

They did, they said "now, dont be disapointed... Youre 3cm"

I wasnt disapointed, I knew by the feel of the contractions this baby wasnt going to be long. I begged to go in the pool, they kept trying to hold me off. I was crawling on the floor contracting, puking and thus pissing myself as a result of all the force!

I finally wear them down and I get in the pool. Its soooooo nice. But the contractions get even stronger. I ask for gas and air but they tell me to wait until its at the 'full on' stage. Im thinking, Im already there (turns out I wasnt wrong!). I get the gas and air and start begging for an epidural (but dont really want one) and dp alternately.

They say ok, lets check you out. Youre prob not far along enough for an epidural, I was only 3cm an hour ago. They checked and Im 7cm.

I practically run back to the pool. They say ok fine I can have an epidural but I have to get out the pool. I tell them I cant, I call them *******s as I think they are conspiring against me so's not to have the big drugs. (?!)

Dp turns up, Im still begging for epidural, they say I can. Get out the pool. I hurl abuse.

That continued for about 15 mins, then my water popped and I start pushing. His heads out after about 5 mins but an arm comes out too and hes stuck. They all shout at me to stand up the cord is tight twice round his neck and suddenly the room is full of people. They cut the cord and he flies out, all just minutes after Id started pushing and hes straight to be resasitated. Takes them 2 mins. It was HORRIBLE waiting but he finally cries.

My baby is going to be ok

His poor face was purple from being strangled so hard but he's howling to let me know that he is going to be just fine.

My beautiful son was born at 3.27am (they think, the actual time may not be exact as it got a bit hairy at the end and no one looked) weighing 9lb 5ozs.

I had some stitches but not much. He is utterly stunning. Im so glad that I didnt have the epidural!

My second boy. Xxxx

Congrats and sorry that was so tramautic for you and your little guy :hugs:

Congratulations hippy, glad you finally got there :) xx

Awe Hippy!! I'm glad everything is okay with your little guy!! Poor baby boy! I'm sorry things went so traumatic for you. I hope things now are definitely most better! Glad everything turned out good! Congratulations honey! :hugs:

congratulations! so pleased all is well after that. Love his name!

Congratulations! Great to hear it all started naturally in the end and everything's turned out ok. Looking forward to joining you in baby club!

Congratulations x Cant believe we both have our babies now !! Yey x You beat me my big boy s 9lb 3 :) xx

Congratulations. :flower: Sorry it ended up being so traumatic but it sounds like you did great! :thumbup:

Congrats hun :) The name Rocket suits him perfectly, the speed he must have popped out :D

Congratulations x Cant believe we both have our babies now !! Yey x You beat me my big boy s 9lb 3 :) xx

Congratulations on your baby kellyw!! Finally you have your baby!! What's his name?! Hooray for babies!!!! :happydance:

Congratulations on your baby kellyw!! Finally you have your baby!! What's his name?! Hooray for babies!!!! :happydance:

Yep 12 days overdue he arrived. Called him Riley, so chuffed I have one of each now :) x

Congratulations Hippy!
Sorry it was so scary for you but thank god Jenson is ok.
Hope everything is ok now
Xxx

Congratulations on the birth of your little boy! I'm so glad he's ok.

Wow!!! Congratulations!! :)

Oh wow, congratulations sweetheart!! Gosh it's quite exciting all the ladies that I have been following are actually giving birth now... not long till my turn!

Can't wait to see photos hun, and hope you are both well x x x

Congratulations! I'm glad he's fine.... They do scare us sometimes, don't they? Little buggers!!! :)

Congrats!!! Was on the look out for a birth story from you! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"