Hiring a Birthing Pool UK?

Mummy1995

Reaction score
Hello

Is anyone/has anyone hired a birthing pool? And is there anywhere you could recommend? I don't have much money, so the cheaper the better! :dohh:

Also how much space is needed, as space at my house is very limited but I would love to have a pool in my room as it's more private than the living room :haha: and also my bath is too small!

A home birth is 100% what I want if I stay low risk and I would love to use the water and gas and air as my only method of pain relief (other than other alternative ways like massages etc) :)

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks! xx

When we looked into it, it was cheaper for us to buy than to hire. :) We bought a Birth Pool In A Box (BPIAB) without all the accessories like a pump etc. The only "accessory" we got was a spare liner - so one to do a practice run, and one to birth in. In the end, we never did a practice run. Although the pool was blown up, we never filled it until it was in anger, so we still have the spare liner for next time (which is another good thing, as you do have to shell out on the pool again!). It also meant that we didn't have the issues of extra cash going out to ensure the pool was available for the whole HB window. I can't remember all the prices etc, but it was in the region of £100 all in. I was hoping to get it under the 3 figures, but with delivery it went over.

It might be worth signing up to any magazines/postings/mailing shots etc on links from the BPIAB website *hint, hint!*... It helped us keep the costs down muchly :)

Do you have a local home birth group in your area? We have one here that actually does free birth pool loans as long as you buy a new liner. It's worth looking into if you don't want to spend the money to buy one.

I second local homebirth groups as a place to start. They often have community pool schemes and loan for free or peanuts. Unless you re after a ridged sided one the inflatables are fairly cheap to buy and you can sell on to recoup the equivalent of a cheap rental :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->