History of horrendous period pain and getting no better :(

shirlls

Reaction score
I am nearly at the end of my tether with my period pain :cry: .

I started my periods at 11 and was fine until 14 when it all started, I am 33 now. (I don't have a particularly low pain threshold so please don't think I am being pathetic or a drama queen). Every month I would dread it coming. The cramps would have me rolling around on the floor, or curled up in my bed crying in unbearable pain, and when it peaked I would start vomiting or (sorry for the tmi!) be on the toilet with diarrhoea. This could sometimes go on for the first 2-3 days. I tried every pill and tablet going, was never away from my GP about it, and did all the right things (cut down on caffeine, ate a healthier diet, etc). Nothing worked. I went on the pill which helped slightly however I had to come off several different types of the pill as it gave me bad depression. I had to weigh up being depressed 24/7 against 3 days of severe pain every month, and I chose the 3 days of pain.

I got checked out for endometriosis and had tests done and nothing was found to be wrong. The doctors didn't know what to do with me, I had a terrible attendance record at work because of it, and even nearly lost a job once over it. As I said before, I don't have a low pain threshold and I don't ever call in sick unless I am genuinely really bad. I would have to organise my life around the date my period was due and try as best I could to keep a few days around then free of any commitments which was impossible. I had to take the depression and go on the pill once when I was a bridesmaid for my friend to make sure I didn't get struck down with period pain and not be able to do it. I kept being told it would ease as I got older, and it has ever so slightly got a little bit easier, and admittedly not EVERY month is bad now, however the ones that are bad, are exactly how they used to be.

I have one 6 month old child, and since having him, my periods are not any easier. They are due any day now and that familiar band of pain is around my middle. I am meant to be going away for my birthday this week for a day, but not sure if will be able to go. I am just sick and fed up of it, and my GP doesn't seem to care. Tells me to go on the pill as 'there's not much else they can do'. I don't want to have depression though! :(

I feel for you! I am in pain at the moment, hence why I searched and found this post. The things I've tried in the past and found to work are Tranexamic acid and Mefenamic acid, both require prescriptions from the doctor but really work. I have endometriosis and when I read what happens to you that was my first thought, have they done a laparoscopy on you? That's how they found mine. Hugs hun x

:hugs: Hope you feel better soon!

I have had a laparoscopy done but they found nothing wrong, no emdometriosis or anything. They were pretty sure it was endometriosis though nothing showed in the tests :wacko:

x

I have really bad period pains. Only started in the last two cycles but they wake me up at night. So I know how you feel it's horrible. I am getting tested for pcos and endo

I have really bad period pains. Only started in the last two cycles but they wake me up at night. So I know how you feel it's horrible. I am getting tested for pcos and endo

It is the pits isn't it. I can handle most pain, but period pains are in my opinion, among the worst. Good luck with your tests, hope you get your pain treated.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->