Hits and misses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bid

Reaction score
I loved reading the hits and misses thread last year so think it's time for a new one!

For DS (almost 3) the biggest hits were his wooden shop/accessories (especially the wooden ice cream set and the ding-ding counter bell), his wooden train bits (Tidmouth Sheds, Brio station etc), his Playmobil jungle/safari sets and a hungry-hippo type board game from ELC, which cost me £5 and has been played with constantly lol!

Misses have been his giant keyboard mat from ELC (too big and the plastic is too noisy to walk on - drowns out the music!), the doctors kit (turns out they have one in nursery so it was old news lol) and his build-it JCB (played with it once and hasn't been looked at again).

One of the things I thought he'd be really excited about but he hasn't bothered with is his Melissa and Doug wooden castle (the fold and go one). He's barely even looked at it, and he loves castles. The figures are crap though so we'll need to get him some Playmobil ones to see if that grabs his interest a bit!

Hits - his wooden kitchen, wooden fruits/veggies, and his pots and pans. His tool set is also somewhat of a hit, but he prefers the kitchen

Misses - play doh (so far, which sucks because I know he's getting more tomorrow).

There is a lot more he likes, but doesn't seem to play with yet, but I wouldn't call them misses...

He loved all of his presents as he didn't get many but the biggest hits were probably his slinky, which he has now tangled into a state beyond recovery, and his doctor's kit.

No misses so far! I cut down a lot this year and it seems to have worked. I am considering cutting down more next year as they got a lot from friends and family so we are somewhat overwhelmed with toys.

I forgot to add the hits, William loved his Leapreader and every accessory he got for it. He also loved all his books (and all his brother's books) and his Read With Me Violet.

Thomas loved his remote control Thomas, his Project and Play Thomas and his Spin and Go Percy (notice a theme here!). He also loved his WOW toys

The big miss was simply that she had too much! I didn't think I'd got her that much, but she was completely overwhelmed. Next year it'll be one "main" present, and present from Father Christmas, and her stocking.

Hits are definitely her Peppa Pig Weeble playhouse (her main present), the CBeebies magazine that I put in her stocking, and a magic flannel with Queen Elsa on it!

No real misses at our house, the only thing that I don't see getting a lot of use are the coloring books that grandparents got them, neither girl really likes using them, they only really draw on blank paper. I'm glad I did so well choosing for the girls this year. The hits were:

DD1 (Roxy, 7 years old) loves her Nintendo DS, I had to basically pry it from her hands, lol. Once I got her to put down the video games though she played with her Legos and a toy guitar my sister found for her for most the rest of the night and was thrilled to get an Easy Bake Oven.

DD1 (Lizzy, 2 years old) adored her Snow Glow Elsa and Baby Alive and all the play food and pots and pans she got, she fed and cooked for Elsa and Baby Alive all day long pretty much.

Biggest Hit: Furbies (although me and OH now literally want to hit them, were they always so annoying?!)!!

Hits: Melissa and Doug wooden cupcake set (with wipe-clean decorating icing pens etc), Frozen Dolls and my eldest loved her book collection.

Miss: None yet. But they've been playing with their Furbies so much nothing else has had much play time!

Hits: Her wooden kitchen with all the accessories. I thought she'd be a little too young for it, but she's been playing with it most. Her baby stroller. She has been pushing that thing all around the house, not necessarily with her baby in it though (last night she was pushing around her spoon and ladle from her kitchen)

Misses: tool box and her tea set (which really surprises me), and the fact that she got so much.

DS definitely got too much as well, and he didn't seem interested in his train stuff at all until I set it all up, which was a worry. He loves it all now though! With hindsight I should have just crept into his room and set it up for him to see in the morning. It would have cut down on the boxes downstairs too.

My girls absolutely love their snow glow elsa dolls and elsa and Anna dresses. I'm really pleased with all the things I bought they all went down well

Hits - his wooden kitchen, wooden fruits/veggies, and his pots and pans. His tool set is also somewhat of a hit, but he prefers the kitchen

Misses - play doh (so far, which sucks because I know he's getting more tomorrow).

There is a lot more he likes, but doesn't seem to play with yet, but I wouldn't call them misses...

I lied, he was all about the play doh this afternoon, LOL!

3 1/2 year old boy

No misses so far for us but there's a few things he hasn't got round to playing with yet

Hits
Playdoh and the playdoh table have been a massive hit he's had a absolute ball rolling wee sausages and cutting them up
Also loves the train sets he got and the Scalextric set my dad got him as dose his daddy lol xx

2.5 yo boy

Hits

Picasso magnetic building blocks
Wood grand piano
Ride on motorcycle
Easel & art supplies

Misses

Books
Clothes
Stuffies

Hits all his planes 2 stuff

Misses
Leaving stocking in bedroom and presents downstairs doesn't work - heartbroken thinking that was it-
Jacket that is 3 sizes too big he only just moved into 2-3 and he was bought a 5-6 jacket. I can't decide if I should ask for a gift receipt or not.

Hits:
Marvel mashers
Hungry hippos
ocean rescue playset

misses:
Doctors kit
puzzle books which are way too old (both bought by other people)

We've not had a miss yet *touch wood* still got my side to go tomorrow.

We did go a little overboard but everything was well thought out and certain things we set up unwrapped (ball pit, walker buggy and doll, jake and hooks ships, pirate accessories, wooden kitchen &accessories, rocket).

Biggest hits for Jax whos two and a half were imaginext helicopter, elc happyland rocket, jatnp ships and figures, elc wooden kitchen and accessories, los tea set (lol! Hes getting his own tomorrow off his aunty), kiddizoom camera (was in two minds about holding this back but soo glad I caved as hes constantly using it and knows how to use the camera bit), Megasketcher and keyboard off his grandparents.

Maddie who is 10 months loves her ball pit, buggy walker (doll not so much but it is babyish), octopals, please and thank you tea set, busy ball drop, elc learn to dress doll and Jax's train set and her thats not my princess book. She goes to play with everything she sees though.

Did take the entire day to open presents for jax (maddie tore through everything) but he loved them all and wanted to play with everything before moving to the next. Both kids really surprised me actually with how great they were :) x

Again, pits have far too much!!! They haven't got around to playing with it all yet (well, Josh is a bit small anyway).

So far hits for Lily are...her anna and elsa dolls, pram, cosy coupe car (second hand, but she couldn't care less!) and surprisingly her sledge (which was a Lind of add on present in case we get snow this winter! Oh and her little people princesses!

Misses for Lily...(might just be that she's not gotten around to playing with them, but all the little toys like books, puzzles, colouring stuff. Oh and the in laws got her some Disney figurine sets, from which she's asked me to throw away all the baddies!!! Haha!

Hits for Josh...we got him stuff way beyond his age like a wooden garage, but he's actually playing with it, banging the cars on the garage haha! He also likes his fire engine that pops balls.

Misses... The in laws got him a tiny train set, which is all chokable size so he was only allowed to watch it being played with lol!

Hits- wooden train set
Disney princess little people

Miss-night garden sound board

For morgan:
Hits so far (some things still not opened)
Toy story toys
Superhero figures (hulk, spiderman, captn america)
Flying hero spiderman. Saw people say it was crap but he loves it
Kiddizoom camera hes barely put that down!
Dress up outfits

Misses
Transformer, he was miffed it didnt do anything
Otherwise theres not much else he hasnt liked but some stuff is still in boxes

Harvey:
Hes not had much open tbh as he went to his dads yesterday but his hits have been -
Shopping trolly and play food
Big jcb trucks

Misses
Nothing so far but as i said its mostly still away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members