Hits and misses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hits:

DD
Snow Glow Elsa (I'm ready to take the batteries out already)
Elsa dress
Hello kitty dolls house
Rapunzel dress
Wooden kitchen and accessories

DS:
Dinosaur play set
Pretty much everything DD got

Misses:
None yet DD hasn't had a chance to play with everything yet and DS just seems to want to play with all DDs stuff.

DD1 (4yrs):

Hit: leapfrog 3 - didn't expect her to be so into it but she loves it, so much that I've had to tell her to put it down! I'm delighted that is such a hit but I was worried she might be find it a bit babyish as she's so used to the iPad, definitely not the case!

Miss: elsa sparkle doll. Apparently she wanted one that sings?!? She only announced this after opening it! Grr

DD2 (3yrs):

Hit: toy dyson hoover and leapfrog ultra although she needs a lot of support with it.

Miss: sparkle Anna doll, didn't even want to take it out of the box. I can sent it back to father Christmas apparently!!!

Miss - toys age 3-8 that didnt do anything so iv kept them all in there box and will take them out next year

Hits! Sesame street kitchen, crawl around car, the toot toot little cars (havnt opened the playsets yet)

Majority of toys we havnt had time to play with yet as weve been at family lots. I will probably have different hits in the coming weeks

Hits: jelly beans! (his main request!)
Batman and zoo duplo sets
Playmobil camping set
Wooden dolls house furniture

Misses:
Various soft toys - so far he's not played with any of these.

Hits: ELC keyboard & drum set, Cookie Monster kitchen, play food, Duplo sets, wooden train and airport set, take along Thomas set, ELC build it set, Little People pirate ship

Misses: 4x4 car - scared the pants off him when it lit up and moved!! He also hated a toy helicopter for the same reason but likes it now. Both were from my mum - she felt awful he got scared. Wooden tool kit - not really fussed for it, may be a little too old for him.

Hits - Wooden kitchen (+ accessories), little plastic kitchen, flutterby flying fairy and tinkerbell flying fairy.

Misses - 3DS which is a shame, plays on it for 2 mins before asking to turn it off. Frozen 60pc colouring set. 1000pc lego bumper pack.

For my 4 year old

Hits: his InnoTab
Remote control truck

Misses:
Colouring stuff

For the 1 year old:

Hits: Lego table
Mega blocks

Misses :
Laugh and grow chair

We had way too much in this house too...next year they are having just a few and I am not buying for the boys until last minute as DS1's requests changed in the last few weeks and DS2 developed a love of toy story :dohh:

Hits -

DS1 - anakin to darth vader figure, luke skywalker figure and his lightsabre
DS2 - buzz and woody figure walkie talkies ( they aren't being used as walkie talkies he just loves carrying them round and standing them up shouting 'buzz, woody'

Misses

DS1 - a remote control monster truck that is refusing to work :(
DS2 - he hasn't looked at anything but his buzz and woody

If DS2 had developed his love of toy story a little sooner I probably would have bought him the proper figures and not much else. Lesson learnt for next year xx

Our real hits for daughter has been bike, Jessie doll and Rex dinosaur we got with money given to her and I added some. Everything else went down fantastically as well. The misses for her were that in laws got clothes which individually wrapped and seasonally inopropriate (my mil is a sales shopper and picks up weird stuff which just then sits there lol but thought that counts. My mil was a bit confused at how daughter was not that excited by a pack of vests. Daughter made me very proud as said thankyou every time. Not sure why they asked what she would like as they didn't get lol.
Sons big hit was his playgro playmat and tunnel. No misses as bought a lot of toys for next stage which my daughter is showing him when he loves so been playing together. Misses was again in laws. When they asked I said clothes voucher for next size as they are crap and picking toys. They again decided to give seasonally innaprpriate clothes mil picked up in sale so unusable for little one so yesterday was spent buying him new stuff lol. Defenetly thought that counts but now have a bunch of stuff with labels taken off which I can't use for him

Oh no why did they take the labels of the clothes? Lots of places will return as long as the labels are intact.

DS was give a jacket aged 5-6 bought big for future! He is currently in 2-3 so my prediction is 5-6 will fit some time around 2017/18 assuming he goes up a size a year. Thinking I'd be fed up looking at it before he wears it I took to asking for a gift receipt. "Sorry I bought it months ago" in other words it was a sale bargain that can't be returned. Which pee 'd me off on the basis they probably spent £20 on it. They don't buy for us and we gave them £60 in vouchers. Which is what they asked for.

Sorry rant over.

Hits for ds1 (3 nearly 4 years)
dinosaur train interactive toys he had 5
vtech switch and go dinosaur ( he had 4)
Remote control dusty

Misses
playmobil dinosaur and volcano set
lego duplo

Ds2 (18 months)

Hits
toot toot animal safari
remote control jcb
scuttlebug
wooden kitchen

Misses
pull along ninky nonk
farm

2.5 yo boy

Hits

Picasso magnetic building blocks
Wood grand piano
Ride on motorcycle
Easel & art supplies

Misses

Books
Clothes
Stuffies

Well, apparently the stuffies & books now interest him. :)

Isaac is just 2 and loves his cleaning trolley and a helicopter my Grandad bought him.

Misses- stacking cups he is way to old for - given by an old lady who know MIL so thought there she just doesn't know him. My in-laws didn't bother to buy him anything which I would say is a pretty big miss.

4 Year Old...

Biggest Hits: My First Sewing Kit, various Play Doh sets and Snow Glow Elsa
Misses: she loves it but I hate it... Moon dough! Just don't do it to yourself.

2 Year Old...

Biggest Hits: various Peppa Pig play sets and Little People sets
Misses: none

7 Month Old...

Biggest Hits: Piglet Plushie & Poundshop Rattle
Misses: Lamaze horse, she just won't entertain it

Hits...
Her kidkraft city lights mansion and various disney sparkle dolls to live in it.
Her orchard toys shopping list/spotty dogs board games.
Colouring books

Misses...
Her elsa and Anna light up/singing dresses which I was soooo excited about

4 Year Old...

Biggest Hits: My First Sewing Kit, various Play Doh sets and Snow Glow Elsa
Misses: she loves it but I hate it... Moon dough! Just don't do it to yourself.

2 Year Old...

Biggest Hits: various Peppa Pig play sets and Little People sets
Misses: none

7 Month Old...

Biggest Hits: Piglet Plushie & Poundshop Rattle
Misses: Lamaze horse, she just won't entertain it

moon dough is the worst thing ever, i had to bin ours.

3 year old hits: leappad and jake and the neverland pirates game to go with it, puzzles, toy story rc car, captain hook's ship.
Misses: marble run - although we haven't got it out yet, I'm counting it as a miss as he hasn't asked for it out yet!

9 year old hits: Lego batman 3 game for his 3ds (he didn't actually ask for it and it's what he's played with most!) Lego sets - superheroes and minecraft, minecraft books.
Misses: Disney infinity 2.0 (marvel) for PS3 hasn't been played with yet.

Isaac is just 2 and loves his cleaning trolley and a helicopter my Grandad bought him.

Misses- stacking cups he is way to old for - given by an old lady who know MIL so thought there she just doesn't know him. My in-laws didn't bother to buy him anything which I would say is a pretty big miss.

Stacking cup's make good bath toys when they have got beyond the intended purpose.

Hits: Legos and Lego table. They've played with those every day since
Race track and hot wheels track, again, played with quite a bit
Remote control cars

Misses: Play doh (they love play doh, but I think since they already have a lot, it wasn't anything new and exciting to play with, so they just left it laying there)
Action figures that don't really do anything, they are more into things that make noise or transform into something. They got a transformers, captain America, and hulk action figure, but they don't do anything at all, so kind of just got tossed to the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"