Hits and misses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hits: Happyland Bus, Caravan, Wooden Till and Magna Doodle
Misses: well she hasn't said she didn't like any but...her dressing up box...I thought she would be more into that (I got her this and loads of bits for it instead of a play kitchen, wish I got the kitchen now but that's on next years list.

Dd2 at only 3 months didn't have a clue what was going on but got lots of nice decorations for her woodland theme nursery

They both got a ton of clothes so I am having to buy a new wardrobe for dd2

Hits:
ikea castle tent
stickers
play food
doll furniture

For me, the biggest hit is the playmobil stuff. That's what I really want to play with (Ariane likes it too, but I'm super excited about it)

Misses:
puzzle that is so bent that you can't put it together (really cheaply made)
plush reindeer that sings. OH's parents got her that and she was TERRIFIED of it. We didn't even bring it home.

With the party with my parents and brothers, the biggest "miss", if we can call it that... too many gifts. Ariane was overwhelmed and by the end she didn't really care anymore. Next year I'll ask for fewer gifts for her.

DS (nearly 2):

Hits : Wooden Train Set, Dinosaur Play Set

Miss : The wooden activity cube from MIL, he's just too old for it!

DD (5 months).

Hit : Lamazee toy (Dylan never liked them so I was dubious when she got them). Dolls pram / highchair and violet toy (only because her brother adores them, lol).

Miss : The 1kg bar of chocolate from MIL.....

Misses: well she hasn't said she didn't like any but...her dressing up box...I thought she would be more into that (I got her this and loads of bits for it instead of a play kitchen, wish I got the kitchen now but that's on next years list.

Dd2 at only 3 months didn't have a clue what was going on but got lots of nice decorations for her woodland theme nursery

I wouldn't buy another wardrobe. Can you not sort the clothes into sizes putting the items that are too big in a storage box or suitcase. Then move them into the wardrobe when she has out grown her current clothes?

A wardrobe seems like a big item to buy to cope with one years Christmas presents.

I wouldn't buy another wardrobe. Can you not sort the clothes into sizes putting the items that are too big in a storage box or suitcase. Then move them into the wardrobe when she has out grown her current clothes?

A wardrobe seems like a big item to buy to cope with one years Christmas presents.

I needed to buy her one anyway as she doesn't have any clothes storage for her clothes now (all squeezed into a drawer) Going to get the same single ikea one dd1 has. I originally planned to get it later in the new year but I'll just get it now then both their bedrooms will be done and I can finally get my storage back :)

Hits - Peppa Pig easel, minion camera, sticker books, supermarket set, mini football game.

Miss was connect 4 as I think she's a bit too young for it and doesn't understand how to play yet.

Hits for DS1 - almost every toy he got! He loves a racing train set my parents bought him, a toy plane, mini cars from his stocking, a sledge and a digger book.

Misses - a monsters inc. storyteller toy that frightens him, a Star Wars Hot Wheels track (he's too young for it) and the fact he got tons of puzzles. They will get used, but he got soo many. The biggest miss though was a wooden fire station that needed us to assemble and had all the bits cut wrongly so you couldn't make it.

Next year I will also cut down on the number of presents. We didnt over do it on spend, but we got him educational and practical things like a new bedspread and he really wasn't interested in opening the number of parcels.

Hits and misses after playing with everything -
Toot toot sets. Was surprised as thought he would trash them.

misses - shopping trolley - not interested
happyland train set - just looks at it a few mins and goes away

Evie hits - pretty much everything, lamaze toys, activity toys
misses - books to old just now

Hits for my 6 year old; His little brothers toot toot train set lmao!
His own toys have barely been looked at, in the last week I think the playmobil castles (yeah plural grrrrrr) Have been out to play once. I think in a few more weeks things will go back to normal and he will be playing with his own toys hah

Misses; Nothing is a big miss, just some things are still in their packaging, The blu rays and the ds games and some of his books are unopened. Disney infinity as installed and that's about as far as he got with it. Like I said he has been more focused on his brothers toys. I think he was mostly excited to have someone to play with :) bless him :)

Hits for my ten month old; The biggest hit was the 1.60 inflatable baby pool i bought in the tesco summer sale and filled with 2 bags of balls for 3 quid from asda (also in the sale)

Biggest miss; Nothing really, just the usual problem with smaller toys getting less look in. I.e the ballapalooza is huge and always on display so will always get more use than say a jigsaw puzzle. He didn't noticeably dislike anything though!

Felt like I'd also add that today the girls were each given a set of Russian nesting dolls from my aunt as a belated gift. My two year old in particular loves them. She's been taking them apart and screaming "I found the baby!" when she gets to the littlest one for about two hours straight, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"