Hiya!

leopard print

Mum & Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Hiya girls :wave:

i'm popping in to find some advice :) i'm thinking of going cloth with this baby that's on it's way. Can someone tell me all the little bits of info? i've tried reading some stuff on them and i get so confused :dohh: Are they easy to do-ish? Is the washing hard?
Thanks in advance

Liv xx

There are several different types of nappies that are easier and harder to use depending on which type you get. The most popular are fitteds, pockets, all in ones and all in twos.
Fitteds are a shaped nappy that you put on like a disposable, but they aren't waterproof, so you need to buy a waterproof cover to go overtop. Pockets are a shaped nappy that have absorbant inserts that go into a pocket in the back of the nappy. They are waterproof and quick drying. All in ones have everything sewn in - just pop on like a disposable. All in twos are similar but the absorbant bit usually connected with snaps so they can be removed for quicker drying.
You should buy a few of each type to see which type works best for you. I prefer pockets, as they are easy to use and fast drying.
Washing is not hard these days. You pop the nappy into a bucket (no soaking!) then tip them in the machine every couple of days, wash as normal with half the amount of detergent and then dry! For poopy nappies, you need to rinse off the poop before putting them in the nappy pail.
For me, reading about them wasn't enough, I had to just get some myself and try them out, then it all clicked at how easy it was. There is a sticky above with more info in it as well.

thankyou so much kiwimama :hugs: i've read it through and it's been very very helpful thanks again :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->