Hmm my consultant seemed a bit rude

Mum_Of_Roodys

Reaction score
So today I had my consultant appointment. I'm only under them instead of the midwife due to an old illness that can return at any point .
Anyway .....
She looked at me and told me that she'd like me to see a dietitian because I looked very small . Now this is my fifth baby and I've always been a small frame so far this pregnancy I've gained a stone and I'm only 19 +2 so I've gained over the recommended amount for this point . I eat very well and in all honesty a little too much this pregnancy . I've suffered an eating disorder for the majority of my life and I'm trying very hard to be okay with my weight gain in all my pregnancies it's been hard to take but I try not to get upset about it for the sake of my baby .
Why when she doesn't know my normal weight nor did she weigh me today feel the need to say anything about my weight and seeing a dietitian for being too small even though I've gained a stone :(
Sorry needed a rant and I just want to understand where her mind is at ?

Do you think you might have made any comments about your weight/eating habits without realising? Or perhaps something in your notes triggered her comment? Whatever the reason for the comment the consultant won't have been intended it as rude, she's looking out for you and LO, although I can imagine it was upsetting to hear it with your history :hugs:. Try not to worry, even if you do go to the dietician you are in control.

Hugs. I agree with pp. Every time I go in, my gyn is down my throats about have I seen my therapist/how's my anxiety/blah blah go to this pregnancy depression group. When I'm perfectly happy/not stressed. Bugs the s* out of me though so I get how you feel. I would just be open with her that you think your gain is normal but she is welcome to weigh you in office if she's concerned. But end of day she is just looking out but doctors sometimes (ok all people sometimes) say things and it comes out the wrong way.

Literally nothing was said at all and my eating disorder has been classed as "stable " for a long time now . I was never told this with any of my others with this being my fifth I thought if it was going to come up it would have happened sooner so I kinda feel like she just looked at me and said oh your skinny clearly starves herself like that would ever happen :(

It's in your notes, and they do review it. Was this the first time you met her? She might just pay more/too much attention to past history than others. Try not to listen to her. You are doing an excellent job nourishing your baby.

Thanks I just couldn't believe it considering how much I've actually gained and it well over what I'm meant to have :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->