Hmm to do it or not to do it...

misscream

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I wouls like some opinions, maybe someone else has some experience with this.

I am 26 and I am ready to have a baby and i have been for the last year, my only problem is my other half is in the military and will be gone after christmas for 10 months. Now I know that its unlikely to get pregant the first time I try, it could take months to years (god forbid) to concieve. I would like about 3 kids and being 26 I need to get started asap, Im kind of panicing! Should I wait until my OH gets back sometime next year or should I try before he goes away and be pregnant when he is gone?

Ive already talked to him and hes okay with whatever I decide :)

Hi. I just found these boards because I am waiting to try to conceive as well (2nd child). I wanted to give you my take on your dilemma. If it were me, I would wait. I am a former military spouse as well. When our DD was 2 months old, DH was deployed for 7 months. If it weren't for me traveling from our base in SD to stay with my parents in NJ, I don't know what I would have done. It is not easy taking care of a newborn by yourself. And, that is an understatement. Unless you have close friends or family nearby who are willing to help you out, I'd say wait until your hubby gets back. Also, what would happen if you were to have problems with your pregnancy? Do you have anyone to take care of you? I say that because I ended up having severe pre-eclampsia and an emergency c-section. You need to be able to have someone there for you as well if any problems should arise. At 26 you are still young and aside from having any medical issues, you shouldn't have any problem getting pg.

Hope this helps!

I'd say wait too, as being pregnant can be quite scary at times. At 26 you are still young enough to have 10 kids let alone 3! I was nearly 28 when I had my first and I plan 3and I am among the first of all of my friends of the same age! :hugs:

I was in a similar sort of situation (except I'm 30, not 26 so a little more pressure about age! lol). Hubby left on July 26 for 6 months (he comes back in January) for police training. We did try before he left and were not successful. At first I was really upset and heartbroken that I had to wait another 6 months before being able to try again. However, in hindsight, I can't imagine going through the experience without him. He'd miss the first ultrasound, the first kick, the morning sickness, the gender ultrasound (maybe), the changes in my belly, etc. As much as we wanted it to happen, we figure it's a blessing in disguise as I think he would be sad to be missing all of that!

Just my opinion. You have to do what you think is best for you!:thumbup:

Hi hun, Wow, what a big decision! I guess if it were me I would wait as I don't think I could cope with pregnancy alone - however, I don't think I could cope with my husband being away full stop so I am probably not the best person to advise!

I hope you manage to decide on what's best for you x

If I were in your position, I would wait. Especially since the baby would be your first...I'm sure your husband would love to feel the baby kick and all the other happy events that happen during pregnancy. And you wouldn't want to have the baby without your husband!

My dad is (still---more than 30 years now) in the military. He missed two out of four of his children's births. He was there for the first one though, which empowered mom and made her realize that if she had to, she could do it on her own.

And please thank your husband for his service! I think the bravest and most down to earth women are those who are married to military men! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->