Hmmm...I hope my eggs haven't taken early retirement!

MrsH1980

Mummy to Myka
Reaction score
Hi,

Im 29 and DH and I have been ttc # 1 since October 2009 with no luck so far :cry:.

Desperately looking for a ttc buddy or two to pass the time with :flower: - feel a bit stupid that I ignorantly assumed I would fall pregnant the instant I came off the pill and I am hoping and praying that I haven't left it too late.

I am on CD7 of a 27 day-ish cycle (although last month was randomly 35 days) and I am doing OPKs for the second time and trying pre-seed for the first time. In an attempt to give it our best shot I have also cut out caffeine and am going to cut out booze this month and see what happens (I don't drink loads but I do like a glass or two of vino a week as I find it relaxing after a long day at work). I have also been taking Pregnacare since Nov 09, although I have swapped to Pregnacare Conception.

There is nothing more frustrating than knowing you want something so badly and not having any control over whether it happens or not. I have always wanted children and I never really considered that it might be a harder (and much longer) road than I thought. I turn 30 in August and never have I been more aware of my age and that maybe we should have crossed this bridge a few years back but there is nothing I can do about it now.

Sorry for the long-winded post - if this hasn't put you off I would love to buddy up and have a few ladies I can chat with, vent with, cry with and (hopefully) celebrate with when they and I get our BFPs :hugs:.

L x x

Hello MrsH1980!

I am sure your eggs have not taken early retirement. It is amazing how close your story is to mine. We are both going on 30 and stopped taking the pill in OCt 2009. DH and I are still trying for baby # 1. I am almost done my two week wait for this cycle....waiting for 18DPO to test if AF does not show. We have been through various ups and downs since coming off the pill....my cycle length keeps changing because my ovulation date is not consistent...and one cycle was annovulatory...checkout my chart on fertility friend.

We have missed the egg a few times and this cycle I have taken soy isoflavones to stimulate ovulation...soy is the natural clomid and I have also taken evening primrose oil to get fertile mucous

I feel I never should have gone on the pill....it did mess up my cycle....and at 30 I also feel old but there is always hope! all of us will get our BFP! Each month that passes with a BFN the desire to be a mom becomes more and more apparent...so I totally understand how you are feeling...I feel the same way! :)

You are more than welcome to join the thread I am on....we are a great bunch of ladies always looking for more friends....it is called wishing for christmas baby...it is very supportive

:dust: and :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->