Holding the bottle ALL the time, when?

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
So Josh is starting to do it most of the time I feed him. He will put his hands on the bottle and hold it, take it out of his mouth, bringing it to his mouth... He kinda plays with it more than holding it.

Wehn did your LO's did it properly? He seems like he's having fun with it, but doesn't really hold it to feed properly!

Colton does the same. I have stopped using the smaller 5oz bottles, and started using the larger 9oz ones. He keeps his hands in a good position to hold it but when I let go he pulls it out and drops it! :hissy: He is fine when I keep my hand on there, even if I am barely holding it! Plus, I can hold it in front of him and he will grab it and pull it to his mouth.
I'm very interested in more ways to encourage him to properly feed himself, aswell.

Erica will hold onto it while I'm feeding her as well, but she cant feed herself. I dunno when that happens, I didn't think it would happen for quite a while tho.. :shrug:

Dec still wont hold a bottle!!!! I think he is being lazy or he just likes mummy to hold him while he bottle feeds because he drinks out of his beaker with no handles. Oh yeah we moved him to the big boy beaker and he loves it.

Dec still wont hold a bottle!!!! I think he is being lazy or he just likes mummy to hold him while he bottle feeds because he drinks out of his beaker with no handles. Oh yeah we moved him to the big boy beaker and he loves it.

When did you do so? I mean clearly Josh is way to young for a beaker but around what age can they have one?

Things I've read say to introduce a beaker at 6 months. They won't necessarily get the hang of it then, but it gets them used to it :) x

My Son And Daughter Were Both like 5 or 6 months old when they were holding their bottles!

lol really glad some people have said it hasnt happened for a long time yet, when I first read your post jess I seriously started to worry about lily!!! She will kinda go to touch her bottle when drinking but there is no way she would be able to hold it yet! Josh is such a quick learner! Lily wont even really hold a rattle or anything yet or roll over!

Jack is doing the same, holding the bottle with one hand and then pushes it away when he doesnt want anymore :)
We read a book about weaning and it says to introduce a sippy cup with handles at months and Tommy Tippee do one which is great as Jack holds it and it has water in for when he gets thirsty :)

When did you do so? I mean clearly Josh is way to young for a beaker but around what age can they have one?

I started Dec on a beaker at 4 months.

Jess..Between the grasping rattles and the bottle, Josh is very "manually advanced"...

Jess..Between the grasping rattles and the bottle, Josh is very "manually advanced"...

He's probably taking after daddy! My MIL told me when he was 2yr old they had gotten a new tv and she left him in the living room to watch some tv and when she got back he was taking the tv apart with his dad's tools! :rofl:

Although Deise, putting the baby very often on their tummy really helps the motor skills development. xx

Miss Thing hangs out on her tummy with the playmat and all her clutter in front of her quite a bit and can literally do "push ups", but when it comes to grasping things other than my hair (Jesus, she pulls out loads, Im gonna go bald!), it doesnt look like she'll be playing with her stuff anytime soon..

Oh hun, it'll come trust me! And when she starts grabbing things and toys, she won't stop! Everything Josh sees, he tries to grab! He tries to take mommy's clothes off everytime he's in my arms!

I've been thinking about sippy cups, but wast not sure if I should offer it to him.His corrected age is 4 months almost(on the 7th), should I wait till his corrected age of 6 months?He just started on barley after being on baby rice for awhile and he still doesnt seem to have the eatting thing down(moves around to much lol) So I dont think hes ready. Any other preemie Mom's who can give me advice on when to start that kind of stuff?

brendan was reay late doing it, he wanted me to feed him all the time, he could do it but refused and i used to try not do it for him but hed scream blue murder, so he was an embarassing 12 months when he decided to hold his own bottle!!

callum has been able to feed himself his bottle since about 6 months, he's also had a training cup since then too. its a nuby one and the spouty bit is soft like a bottle teat and he loves it.

Bethanie was quite lazy (she held it first time at 1 month old, a few times after that.. then didn't bother lol). She didn't hold it herself properly until about 6-8 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->