Holiday Fluff Ideas & Discussion Thread

thelilbump

♥ mummy to a princess ♥
Reaction score
:wave: I think the sunshine is going to my head and i thought we could have a fluffy holiday nappy/accessory thread :blush:

Who's going on holiday this summer? What nappies are you planning on buying/taking for the occasion?

<<wonders if Donna will be first to reply :haha:

I don't think we're going on holiday (never do :cry:) If you're going can we hide in your suitcase? :haha:

Yay!! OH can stay at home, unless you have a 6ft 10 suitcase? :haha:

room for him and my cloth nappies? I'm not sure about that! :rofl:

6 10 btw wow! lol

Don't think we're going away this summer... well maybe to Scotland but that's not exactly nappy-and-a-tshirt weather so it'll just be Flips for us. BUT next year we have a friend getting married in Mauritius and hubby has said we're going for that, so I have plenty of time to think about the nappies! She'll need some very pretty ones for a wedding (and it's a Muslim wedding so there will be lots of different events and everyone will be dripping sequins so they'll have to be very special nappies!).

we're heading to wales - it will be mainly flips for us but will get some more covers when the new colours come out.

We're going to Portugal and I CANNOT wait to buy more nappies x

I know Im taking the kids to Wales for 3 days, we normally go camping for a week but the friend we always go with has had to cut it shorter this year because of work. I had been going to use the Flips with disposable inserts if it was a week but because its only three days Im taking a big wetbag and whatever nappies I want ROFL! Decided that any dirty nappies I will rinse well, dry off a bit and put in a wetbag inside the big wetbag so they are kept seperate and as sealed as poss. I am likely to take more Flips than anything just because they are easy and wont take up much space. Plus if I have to handwash a few Id rather deal with the staydry and organic flip inserts than anything else!

You lot are making me feel very guilty..... :blush:

I'm going away next week to Australia and New Zealand and am taking sposies with me.... Had I have been organised I could have got flips with sposies inserts... But wasn't!!!! In my defence I am going for 3 weeks and no washig facilties!

We're going to Portugal for a week at the beginning of April! :happydance: We are staying in a cottage in my dads garden and there's a nice big pool!

We are leaving the beloved BG Organics at home as the place we are staying doesn't have a dryer. I am taking about 4 blueberries and a load of fitteds and wool. We will use blueberries when we go out and fitteds on their own around the pool and in the cottage. I'm not even sure about the washing machine situation, lol, so may be doing some hand washing too, he he he.

Can't wait!

I have a washing maching but no drier and we have a garden so will be taking some ittis, BB's, Issy Bears and there will probably be lots of naked bot time :rofl: x

australia and new zealand how fab! Portugal sounds realxin and warm :haha:

Rachel; you never know she might be out of nappies by then ut i hope for your sake not because flashy nappies sounds ace lol

We're going to america and I'm also thinking of taking my flips and I know it's a bit naughty but i wa sgoing to buy a pack fo sposie inserts for them. just for extra. I have no idea what facilities are going to be like tho so it might be a case of washing in the sink!

For the flight out though we're going to have to resort to sposies it's just too long and could end up being messy if we stuck with cloth!

Rachel; you never know she might be out of nappies by then ut i hope for your sake not because flashy nappies sounds ace lol

We're going to america and I'm also thinking of taking my flips and I know it's a bit naughty but i wa sgoing to buy a pack fo sposie inserts for them. just for extra. I have no idea what facilities are going to be like tho so it might be a case of washing in the sink!

Nooooo, she'd better not be! Actually I should find out when this wedding actually is really and plan her potty training around it:haha:

Have you tried the flip inserts? I got some and I'm not actually very impressed. One insert lasted about an hour with us and she was very wet and crying because of it :growlmad: I haven't tried with two inserts yet but if I'm using two, I may as well use an eco disposable! I have tried smart nappy disposable inserts and they were much better, so once I've used up my SIX packets of flips ones (yes, I was daft and bought loads before I'd tried them!) I think I'll use them instead. I can send you a few flip inserts if you want to try them before you buy any if you like.

Nooooo, she'd better not be! Actually I should find out when this wedding actually is really and plan her potty training around it:haha:

Have you tried the flip inserts? I got some and I'm not actually very impressed. One insert lasted about an hour with us and she was very wet and crying because of it :growlmad: I haven't tried with two inserts yet but if I'm using two, I may as well use an eco disposable! I have tried smart nappy disposable inserts and they were much better, so once I've used up my SIX packets of flips ones (yes, I was daft and bought loads before I'd tried them!) I think I'll use them instead. I can send you a few flip inserts if you want to try them before you buy any if you like.

the disposable inserts? I haven't tried them yet. My 2 flips are organic ones and I think they are okay, not my nappy of choice (especially considering the poor quality of the inserts, stitiching has all come apart after only one wear) but I did buy them for holidays with the disposable inserts in mind thinking they might make life a little easier.

I don't buying a pack off you if you like? I was going to buy one anyway? :hugs:

Sorry gals - what are 'flips'? Can't wait for a bit of sunshine!

they're from the makers of bumgenius, cheeks and cherries sell them along with the natural baby resourse. They were on a BOGOF offer a while ago and everyone got a couple - personally i think they're a bit pricey for what they are!

the disposable inserts? I haven't tried them yet. My 2 flips are organic ones and I think they are okay, not my nappy of choice (especially considering the poor quality of the inserts, stitiching has all come apart after only one wear) but I did buy them for holidays with the disposable inserts in mind thinking they might make life a little easier.

I don't buying a pack off you if you like? I was going to buy one anyway? :hugs:

have you still not got a replacement one?
i have 8 organic ones and had no issues at all

nope and no messages, have emailed 3 times now :grr:

nope and no messages, have emailed 3 times now :grr:

That's awful, who did you buy them off? I got a slightly dodgy cover from FYP (elastic was a bit broken I think) and had a replacement in 2 days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->