Holiday Fluff Ideas & Discussion Thread

We're not going on holiday til next year (Florida) and Dexter will be nearly 2, so not sure what the nappy situation will be then. :(

I purchased from NBR. The one's i got from C&C has been fine though so not sure if i just hit a bad batch or somethin?

Just giving this a bump, I know a few of you have been on holidays now, how did you get on with cloth or did you resort to sposies? What was washing like?

me and the audster went to italy last month and took flips with staydry inserts, a few bgv3s and bamboozle stretchies with disana wool pants for night time. luckily it was really warm and most of the nappies dried overnight.

i did spend most of the week in marigolds, with a bathroom that looked like a chinese laundry but after the hideous journey in sposies i was more than happy to do it - she peed through 2 nappies and had the biggest pooplosion ever somewhere in the air between manchester and heathrow....

Ive got back from devon (if that counts as a holiday?) We found the care journey down to be a struggle he wee'ed throught 2 nappies in 4 hours!! So on the way home we put him in a night nappy and that lasted us the 7 hours it took (stupid traffic yesterday!!)

While down there we did have a washing machine but no drier (not that i have one at home!!) But fil only had cheapy washing powder and i found that my nappies lost their absorbancy with it! Maybe it was the water too?? So when i got in last night i stripwashed every nappy and stuck him a disposable!! It took half an hour in one and he had a red bum :( Now i know why i use cloth!!

Im glad to be home now and have my nappy routine back again!!

we are off to anglesey for a week in june (about as far as we dared travel with a boy who gets bored very easily!) OH has said we have to use disposables as hes not sure of the facilities and he says we're on holiday so wont let me handwash them :nope:
pah!
there is a hot tub at the cottage though so i spose i cant complain (too much)

Fab idea for a thread!

We're off to Poole in Dorset in august. Was thinking about taking my flips with some disposable inserts (not tried then yet) but seeing rachels post might jet take some normal inserts - there is a washing machine :D

we'll see though as we could end up using yukky sposies as we're planning on being out all day etc :D

We're going to Margate for a wedding, and then over to Cornwall whilst we're down south in july, but we'll be in a Travelodge the whole time, so I was planning on just putting her in the biodegradable nappies you can get; I don't really want to be carrying around a wetbag full of naps in this weather, and I've never handwashed before, so don't want to risk it.

I'm gutted about it though, as bought a couple of BB especially for the wedding before I thought about the whole washing situation...

I'm possibly going away without my OH :rofl:

We are going to Norfolk next week for half term and I have no idea how to tackle the nappy situation other than taking everything! :lol: We have a touring caravan and the site has washers and dryers. I think I'll have to wash under cover of darkness though to avoid complaints.....

We're off to France in month but Im still undecided whether to take our nappies or just go with disbosables.. Thinking I might bring a few and do a bit of both :D I will miss them if I dont take them though.. We'll see.!

Sarah; :rofl: where u off too?

it's looking more and more likely we going to do a mix of cloth and sposies now though :cry: OH isn't keen on the thought of carrying round more than we have to on days out, fair enough really but boooooo! :nope:

oh i forgot to add that i freaked out when BA lost my suitcase with all audrey's night nappies and wool !! turned up 2 days later.... :roll:

(along with DH's case, pushchair, carseat..... audrey's case arrived though ! useless airline..)

Ohhh no SP!! That thought actually occured to me the other day, i think i'd have a major :hissy: if they lost my cloth!!

just bumping this up! :)

so has anyone done a holiday with fluff recently?
we're off to anglesey for a week :happydance: oh found out there is a washer & dryer at the cottage so has said we can take fluff now!!! now what to take...? we've been having lots of leak / poo issues lately so not even sure which ones i trust anymore for long trips / days out ...!!

Were going away in August and was going to just take sposies but may rethink! x

Any abroad holidays and what you did stories etc would be great!! Give me an idea of what to do!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"