Holiday ideas with baby

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Dolly., Jan 23, 2011.

1. Dolly.

Dolly. Mummy & pregnant

Tristy will be 9 months old by the time we go on holiday in june......just can't make up my mind what to do.....
    We only want a week away as my parents are taking us to a cottage in cornwall for a week in may.
    We have 600-700 pounds to spend on accomodation.
    I'm scared to take him abroad
    really wanted to go to centre parcs but the size of the place we can get as a couple is teeny tiny but they have lots to do

where are you ladies going?

2. Kitten-B

Kitten-B Mum of 2 gorgeous boys :)

We're taking LO to Menorca for a week in June when he'll be 7 months. My parents are taking us and we're staying in a villa though which has made it a lot less daunting!

I think going abroad is fine though - Menorca is great I think as not too far away, not too hot and very safe and family-friendly. :)

3. charlotte-xo

charlotte-xo Alfie and Darcey's mummy

were taking alfie to cornwall in august cant wait!!..were going to rent a lodge we went there last christmas its lovely, its got 3 bedrooms open planned kitched balcony, bbq, front decking, big pond, spa, swimming baths ooh i love it. im also to scared to take him abroad yet lol

the lodge park thing is called retallack resort its also quite private and its really modern furnishings. upstairs lounge too.
    i bet there are other similar things out there too.

heres a link. https://www.retallackresort.co.uk/holiday-accommodation-in-cornwall/

4. charlotte-xo

charlotte-xo Alfie and Darcey's mummy

:dohh: i sound like a sales rep lol!!

<3

5. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

We are thinking Virginia Beach :)

6. Dolly.

Dolly. Mummy & pregnant

we'd love to go to canada!!!!!!!!!
    long flight with lo though

7. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

Oooh no kidding :coffee: When I flew from here direct to London it was over 9 hours.... :wacko: Very nice views though, fly right over the arctic circle and you can see the northern lights and all the arctic ice flows if you fly to Europe from Vancouver

8. Dolly.

Dolly. Mummy & pregnant

owwww we'd love to go.
    Hubby even picked up a holiday brochure and I've been flicking through looking at all the lovely lodge type hotels. Looks gorgeous!
    Hubby went to Nova scotia and New foundland briefly with RAF for a few nights and he loved it

9. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

Wow well if he liked Newfoundland then you guys really should come out and check out the rest :rofl: Especially Emerald Lake, Jasper, the Rockies, Whistler etc.

This is Emerald Lake
    https://farm1.static.flickr.com/106/299831238_d643d939c7.jpg

And it's not even a fake tourist photo, I was there 2 years ago :rofl:

Attached Files:

10. Dolly.

Dolly. Mummy & pregnant

ooooooo crikey that is beautiful!

11. louandivy

louandivy Well-Known Member

Urgh I do it almost every year, I am just thankful that you get little screens on the back of seats now!

I'm flying to Vancouver this Summer, Ivy will be just over a year so that should be...interesting :rofl: Going with my mum though so she'll help me. Also going to France for a few days with my OH and to Shambala and maybe a few other festivals with a big group, some with other LOs. I'm sooo excited for this Summer!

12. louandivy

Also Aliss youre Canadian...do you like Trailerpark Boys? No one in the UK really watches it but me and my OH are obsessed, its the funniest program ever!

13. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

Oh great, one of the UK moms finally shows up in my own city and I'll be moved far to Quebec by then!!! Geez!!! :)

14. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

LOL! My OH loves them, I can't get into it :rofl: But I admit I haven't seen a full episode. It's quite popular here. Maybe if they called it Chavy Boys more UK people would watch

15. Dolly.

Dolly. Mummy & pregnant

I wish I could be more confident but the thought of a long flight with him makes me think oh gawd what if he just screamed the whole time haha I so badly want to go

16. louandivy

Haha! We usually stay on Bowen Island for most of the trip because we have friends there and we have to stay with my grandma when we are in Vancouver and she is legit crazy. But I love Vancouver, we're thinking of moving over at some point but its sooo damn expensive!

Also give Trailerpark Boys another chance, Bubbles is the funniest most endearing character ever!

17. louandivy

Oh yeah I wouldn't feel confident if my mum wasn't there to help me! Why don't you go somewhere in Cornwall? The beaches there are sooo beautiful.

18. Dolly.

Dolly. Mummy & pregnant

We're going to cornwall with my mum and dad for a week in may :) st ives I think. We wanted a week away just me hubby and bubs for a week in june

19. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

Bowen Island!! :) Lovely.

Yes it's so expensive here which is why we are moving to Quebec. My little condo is for sale for $220,000 which is cheap (and we are still technically a 45 min drive from downtown).

Aww well maybe I'll still be around when you get here!! lol

20. Mrs Doddy

Mrs Doddy 1 pink 1 blue

Omg I've been looking for something like this for like forever thank you for posting xx