Holiday over!

Nolly

35+ TTC#1???
Reaction score
Hi again everyone,

Well I am back from my hols in Greece and feeling totally pee'd off. Weather here is crap at the mo and I am just feeling really down about ttc.

I thought when we were on hols we'd get loads of BD done as we'd be nice and relaxed but my stupid hubby was complaining the whole time about his back as the bed was terrible.

We only dtd twice and I have a feeling I might have missed the OV boat. So another month wasted. I am losing hope to be honest. I just feel it aint never going to happen. 4 YEARS and not even a sniff of a BFP. I am fooling myself that it will happen when its meant to.

Sorry for being a moaning minnie but I just had to get it out there!

Hi again everyone,

Well I am back from my hols in Greece and feeling totally pee'd off. Weather here is crap at the mo and I am just feeling really down about ttc.

I thought when we were on hols we'd get loads of BD done as we'd be nice and relaxed but my stupid hubby was complaining the whole time about his back as the bed was terrible.

We only dtd twice and I have a feeling I might have missed the OV boat. So another month wasted. I am losing hope to be honest. I just feel it aint never going to happen. 4 YEARS and not even a sniff of a BFP. I am fooling myself that it will happen when its meant to.

Hi Nolly
You are bound to feel really sh*te after coming back from holiday, especially to this weather - apparently it's meant to be nice in the rest of the UK, but where I am we've had cloud and rain for about 4 weeks straight!

Try not to lose hope, you'll be feeing down and blue about coming away from all that sunshine, I am a great believer in sun making moods much better, so I think you should try and arrange a "medicinal" trip away very soon.

Lots of :hugs: and loads of :dust:

Tess
x

Hi again everyone,

all too familiar that post holiday feeling...:hugs: you arrive home and you come back to earth with a thump. i just came back from my jollies on saturday and once again TTC is consuming my time way too much.

you did it twice right? well, as they say (corny i know but)...it only takes once! just hitting it at the right time is the chew on isnt it.

bet you are looking fab and your skin is glowing from having a bit of healthy sun. don't get down in the dumps, feel good and treat yourself and splurge. i can understand your upset for feeling like it's taking forever but your BFP is on its way. its just the f****** waiting game is shit and unfair. :flower:

Ah thanks girlies,

Yeah I think its just maybe post holiday blues. I had a whole week where I hardly thought about ttc and now its back to the forefront of my mind.

I hate feeling like this as I am generally a positive person (most of the time!! lol) and I hate it when I am moaning and feeling sorry for myself.

On the plus side I do have a great tan and as sumat said it only takes one time so maybe we hit the target....!!!!

I need to kick myself up the ass and be thankful for the good things in my life and have faith. If anyone has some spare PMA they could throw my way I'd be eternally grateful.....

Hey Nolly....CATCH....

...Did you get it???

I was throwing you some PMA. :winkwink::haha:

I'm not sure that it's spare as such but you can definitely share it with me. :hugs:

Ah thanks Ruth. I'm really feeling tonnes better! Think I am coming down with a bit of a bug or something as I dont feel that well. Maybe that is whats up with me.

I used to live in Canterbury btw. Beautiful part of England!

Thanks for all the babydust DMom, You never know some of it might stick!

Best way to get over that post holiday slump IMO is to book another holiday, even just a wee mini break (over to England or whatever if that's what you like) or Prague maybe, for later in the year.

And researching where you are going to go, looking for a nice hotel (with GREAT BEDS) that will take up quite a bit of your time and distract you from TTC?

Works for me anyway....

Oh I'd love another holiday. Finances mightn't be up to it though... lol.

Good plan though. Maybe a little weekend away somewhere in Ireland might be called for. Oh I could always win the lottery... then it would be a round the world trip.... I can always dream!

Good plan though. Maybe a little weekend away somewhere in Ireland might be called for. Oh I could always win the lottery... then it would be a round the world trip.... I can always dream!

LOL well focus on the attainable and you won't be disappointed, a wee cheapo weekend in October somewhere!:winkwink:

Always been a dreamer me!!! :wacko:

Yeah I think a nice weekend in Oct would be fantastic. :thumbup: Maybe a weekend in Belfast. Only been there once so that would be an adventure too!

I've never been, but could be fun, plus you get a good exchange rate EUR/GBP I think?

you'll probably make a profit on the weekend LOL

85p for 1 Euro or thereabouts. Its not too bad. Was 93p to Euro back a few years ago. But they have much better shopping up there.... hubby will be thrilled. NOT. lol

Perfect - according to something on the news the other week loads of people drive across the border to NI to do their grocery shopping so I'm guessing clothes and stuff must also be cheaper?

Yeah stuff is cheaper. Depends on the exchange rate I suppose. When it was 93p to Euro it was really worth the trip. Now by the time you factor in petrol costs to get there you probably wouldnt save enough to warrant going on a regular basis. They have stores up there that we dont have down here though. Superdrug.... oh how I miss thee. lol

LOL well focus on the attainable and you won't be disappointed, a wee cheapo weekend in October somewhere!:winkwink:

Possibly the Vegas trip could count as this?

Cheap because we'll have all the silver haired lotharios vying to buy us "all you can eat" buffets, the important point is though Nolly, do you need a scaffolded bra to wear when we get chased round the pool by the aforementioned OAPs? Northstar is the dealer for such contraptions! :haha:

I reckon The Hef will turn up as well.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->