Holidays while TTC

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Beee, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Beee

Beee Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I'm new to this so bear with me!
    My partner and I are currently TTC, we have been for a couple of months now. We have a holiday booked in July in Spain. I'm starting to get nervous about what precautions I should take if I do conceive before we go, like with food and sun exposure and stuff. I heard a frightening story about somebody who contracted some sort of food poisoning whilst on holiday and her baby was poorly when he was born. I know this could be down to other reasons apart from the food poisoning, but it is worrying. Also what are the do's and don'ts if I'm still TTC when we go away?
    Any advice or experience shared would be great! Thanks!

2. Luna

Luna Mum of two

Just enjoy your holiday! People concieve babies on drunken nights out all the time (sadly). Just be sensible with alcohol and sensible with eating hot food, no food that has been sitting out etc.

3. BabyBrave

BabyBrave Well-Known Member

We're going to Thailand in 12 days. I think I'm due to ovulate on the plane!!! I intend to go and have a complete blast and not worry about getting pregnant. Maybe just not worrying about it might do it for us.

:hug:

4. Beee

Beee Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies, i think you're probably right, relaxing about it might really help!! :)

5. pennypoptart

pennypoptart Stick little bean please!

I went to Thailand about 2 weeks after I found out I got my BFP last time... it was fine! Just eat sensibly, and don't do anything that you wouldn't normally do!

If you are pregnant, lay off watersports (i.e. jet skis) and bungi jumping and such like!!