Hollyoaks storyline scrapped

omg! what a over the top story line even for hollyoaks.

these things happen but it doesnt mean they should be aired on a soap.

edit: and another thing i doubt this story line cud be done in a tastful way as the "actors" are so rubbish in this show.

also on the point of u dont have to watch it i think thats ridiculas because if it was my child who was murdered in such a terrible way and i found out i rubbish show like hollyoaks where doing a story about the subject id have something to say about it too.

i'm sure when theres storylines about kidnapping gerry and kate mcCann arent involved in the decision as to whether its aired or not.

when i was 13 my friend was killed in a hit and run but these storylines are still put on tc just like stillbirths, miscarriages, murders etc

I think you missed the point there, they are emulating a specific case, not just any old murder, as it would be if the used the Mcann storyline, it isnt about just the scenario in general, its the thought and purpose behind it

99% of the storylines that soaps show are relevant to people in one way or another but arent about true life stories that made the national headlines for many weeks.

I think you missed the point there, they are emulating a specific case, not just any old murder, as it would be if the used the Mcann storyline, it isnt about just the scenario in general, its the thought and purpose behind it

99% of the storylines that soaps show are relevant to people in one way or another but arent about true life stories that made the national headlines for many weeks.

What do you mean pp? Are they actually referencing the case in the storyline ? If that is the case then I would agree with you - I thought it was a general storyline? Think maybe I have misunderstood here.

x

I don't think it should have been scrapped.

I was in a car crash that Im still disturbed by years on, and they still show those at every opportunity. They showed a still birth in corrie which thousands of families have to deal with, its all to raise awareness and I think it needs to be done.

Ill be honest and say I dont watch the news, or read a lot, so I had NO idea how common still births were till I watched corrie and people were discussing it. At least from watching that, you know the signs to look out for when pregnant, no one explained to me not even my midwife... it was handled well and hopefully helped other women.

However it does annoy me that these storylines are brought to raise awareness, yet when theres a car crash it has to be as dramatic as possible, shot from every angle, thousands of special effects. Clearly for entertainment but nothing is said about that.

Sorry if that sounded horrible but its something that really bugs me. x

Stillbirths are sadly common, i should know, but the way Corrie handled it was IMO not good. They went for shock tactics and most parents who i have met/spoke to said that it wasnt handle in a sensitve manner at all.

Corrie didnt show the signs of what to look for in stillbirth at all.

They didnt even list any helplines after the episode aired and they actually said they had spoke to SANDS members about how it should be handled, and even they said it wasnt handled appropriatly.

V xxx

Ok maybe Im wrong, Ive never been through it thankfully, so I shouldn't really comment as I dont know the full ins and outs, but it certainly made ME more aware. Hell, my midwife didnt even tell me about kick counting and movements, I found that out from here! x

I don't think it should have been scrapped.

I was in a car crash that Im still disturbed by years on, and they still show those at every opportunity. They showed a still birth in corrie which thousands of families have to deal with, its all to raise awareness and I think it needs to be done.

Ill be honest and say I dont watch the news, or read a lot, so I had NO idea how common still births were till I watched corrie and people were discussing it. At least from watching that, you know the signs to look out for when pregnant, no one explained to me not even my midwife... it was handled well and hopefully helped other women.

However it does annoy me that these storylines are brought to raise awareness, yet when theres a car crash it has to be as dramatic as possible, shot from every angle, thousands of special effects. Clearly for entertainment but nothing is said about that.

Sorry if that sounded horrible but its something that really bugs me. x

i agree, they shouldnt have scrapped it, i think any story that is on tv willl affect someone somewhere, you can't sensor people to the fact that no matter how horrific these things unfortuntaley do happen in real life.

Ok maybe Im wrong, Ive never been through it thankfully, so I shouldn't really comment as I dont know the full ins and outs, but it certainly made ME more aware. Hell, my midwife didnt even tell me about kick counting and movements, I found that out from here! x

Im not having a go:hugs:, some programme makers only care about ratings and Corrie, HO's, Easties etc are all fictional. I mean would you do Kevin Webster:winkwink: YUK!!:haha:

Im glad Corrie made you aware of the 10 kicks a day and good movements. :thumbup:

V xxxx

What do you mean pp? Are they actually referencing the case in the storyline ? If that is the case then I would agree with you - I thought it was just a general storyline? Think maybe I have misunderstood here.

x

Its hard to explain what i mean :lol:

I doubt they will actually reference the case but how many children have killed children in the last 20 years? Not many, which is why its such a horrendous thing

Its the emulating of a true story that bothers me, the fact that they killed a child as children, were both sent to prison only to be released and given new identities ... far too many similarities to the actual James Bulgar story. Thats was i find distasteful and disrespectful

I hope that makes sense, its hard to explain, they arent just doing a storyline about something they made up, its up there with some of the worst murders this country has ever seen

I read the book about what happened to James Bulgar and i find it shocking how anyone would think it could be turned into entertainment :shrug:

Im not having a go:hugs:, some programme makers only care about ratings and Corrie, HO's, Easties etc are all fictional. I mean would you do Kevin Webster:winkwink: YUK!!:haha:

Im glad Corrie made you aware of the 10 kicks a day and good movements. :thumbup:

V xxxx

I know you weren't hun, I just didn't want you to think I was being thick coz... well, I am when it comes to that. I've never lost a baby so for me to say it was handled well was a bit silly... because I wouldn't know. If that makes sense :hugs: x

What do you mean pp? Are they actually referencing the case in the storyline ? If that is the case then I would agree with you - I thought it was just a general storyline? Think maybe I have misunderstood here.

x

I doubt they will actually reference the case but how many children have killed children in the last 20 years? Not many, which is why its such a horrendous thing

Its the emulating of a true story that bothers me, the fact that they killed a child as children, were both sent to prison only to be released and given new identities ... far too many similarities to the actual James Bulgar story. Thats was i find distasteful and disrespectful

I hope that makes sense, its hard to explain, they arent just doing a storyline about something they made up, its up there with some of the worst murders this country has ever seen

I read the book about what happened to James Bulgar and i find it shocking how anyone would think it could be turned into entertainment :shrug:

PP thats and excellent point and really well put.

V xxxx

x

Totally agree.

You have to remember that they are not doing it to raise awareness. It is hardly a national pandemic, and we should all start being afraid of others people's children. It is purely for ratings and money, and profiting from something like this IMO is wrong.

You cannot compare something like a high profile, pretty unique case to something like a car crash, or a stabbing. Sadly the latter two are very real everyday occurrences and don't have public 'faces' like the JB murder case does.

doesnt make it any less difficult to watch especially when tis paraded around purely for entertainment value

x

Ah ok I see what you mean. I don't think I could bring myself to read more about what happened to that poor little boy than what has already been reported in the news, it's too horrific to contemplate. :nope: :cry:

x

Totally agree.

You have to remember that they are not doing it to raise awareness. It is hardly a national pandemic, and we should all start being afraid of others people's children. It is purely for ratings and money, and profiting from something like this IMO is wrong.

You cannot compare something like a high profile, pretty unique case to something like a car crash, or a stabbing. Sadly the latter two are very real everyday occurrences and don't have public 'faces' like the JB murder case does.

Good point, I hadn't thought of it like that.

PP won me over!

I totally understand now!

I get what you mean PP, they shouldn't have done it in the first place. What I disagree with is filming & producing it and then getting Jamie's mum involved, then axing it. I fully agree that it was a completely unnecessary storyline and like has been said, is hardly a common issue, but to suddenly turn around and decide against it this far in seems stupid. If it's that akin to the JB case then the idiots should have had more about them than to write it, let alone film and produce and leak it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->