Holy Cow! 5pounds in one day!

iwantabub

Reaction score
Some of u may have seen my threads this week concerned about reduced movement...well I think we were both run down as all day yesterday I was constantly vomiting. Either from a gastro bug or food poisinging and little man seemed to be back to his normal self during and after...think I may have just had a bug .....

Anyway got on the scales this morning (weighed myself only 48 hours ago) and ive lost 2.2kg (5 pounds)

Ive only put on 5kg this whole pregnancy so now im back to 3kg gained...

Any of u ladies had a dramatic weight loss? Should I just keep my fluids up and all will be ok?

in the first tri i had the flu mixed with m/s and lost 10lbs over night.. id ask your doctor about it and see what they say.. :flower: i dont think there is anything to be worried about thou :flower:

I got food poisoning when I was just before 24 weeks, and between that and moving house two weeks later, I found I'd lost around 2kg, putting me down to the lowest I'd been since getting pregnant (I started at 113kg before preg, went down to 107.4 in first tri due to nausea and eating more sensibly, and then had gone back up to around 109.2 before going down to 107.2 a few days after we moved).

Because I'm overweight in the first place, my doc isn't too concerned, and as long as you keep eating properly and drinking plenty, you should be fine.

Are you also overweight to start with?

No I was about average...

Bmi was on the higher side of normal.. but still not over...

I didnt gain anything til third tri...

But babys measuring big so hes definitely there and a chubba lol

I lost 6 kilos in 48 hours when I had a stomach bug at the beginning of the pregnancy (say 14 weeks). I wouldn't worry as it's mainly water coming up and no food staying down.

Keep up your fluids and electrolytes and you'll find the weight comes back once you get back to eating normally again :flower:

It's unlikely you actually lost 5 pounds of fat in such a short period of time, you're probably dehydrated and once you replenish your body most of the weight should come back :flower:

If you're concerned definitely call your doctor, but try not to worry too much as I'm sure all is okay! :)

keep up your fluids b/c they will worry about dehydration more than anything else. Push a lot of fluids and don't worry. I lost 5 lbs overnight when I had the stomach bug too.. mainly water weight. As soon as I started eating/drinking I put it right back on:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->