Holy hormones batman!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by redlemonade, Oct 13, 2013.

1. redlemonade

redlemonade Well-Known Member

Well I've experienced every single emotion today - thanks pregnancy hormones! My DH is a little shocked I think!

First, I got really irritable because DH has given me his cold (correction - he has man-flu - which is much much worse!). Anyway, between this cold, some queasiness, exhaustion and finding all foods unpalatable, I became very irritable. It got so bad, DH was sitting beside me snuffling when an advert came on tv for a steam mop that 'kills 99% of germs' and I said 'I'm gonna buy that bloody thing and mop your f&@king face'!! OMG!!! How cruel is that?

As soon as it was out of my mouth, I exploded with laughter, as did DH thankfully. It's so unlike me to say that, I love my DH to bits!

Within an hour I was BAWLING crying because I felt so bad about my earlier comment and I'm dreading being away from DH for 3 days this week (for work).

I definitely think I got a fresh batch of pregnancy hormones today ;)

Anybody else?

2. pinkpolkadot

pinkpolkadot Well-Known Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl: that did make me laugh! I started feeling extra irritable yesterday and can only see it going down hill now :haha:

3. redlemonade

Lol! I hope you don't subject your OH to the same level of irritability as I did with mine :haha:

We're still laughing at that comment! At least we can blame hormones right? ;)

4. PinkPeony

PinkPeony Well-Known Member

A couple days ago my dog pooped in the kitchen by the backdoor. My dh was carrying some garbage bags out back and totally didn't see the poo pile and opened the door so it dragged across it. Then he's like - I'm late for work! Gotta run sorry! Leaving me to clean it up. I was screaming bloody murder at him his whole way out the door which he found completely hilarious.

5. redlemonade

Lol! I think I'd scream bloody murder, pregnancy hormones or not! :)

6. Mandankie

Mandankie Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry but I just laughed my head off at that comment. I had to read it to my OH coz he wondered what the heck I was laughing at and he too had a little giggle.

He gets subjected to my outbursts quite regularly so I think he was quite glad to find he wasn't the only one! Haha. Xxx

7. Wafflewaffle

Wafflewaffle Well-Known Member

Haha this is so funny I wouldn't feel too bad I'm sure he understands :)

8. PinkPeony

PinkPeony Well-Known Member

I honestly could have killed him. Then later that day I was complaining about what a rough day it had been, listing all the things that went wrong, he goes - don't forget the dog poop! Set me right off again. He thinks it's so funny! I'm just the crazy hormone lady. :wacko:

9. Becky81

Becky81 Mummy to 1 beautiful girl

Sorry but this really tickled me when I read it. Your poor DH! :haha:

10. PandaMao

PandaMao Mom to 1

Oh my gosh, that is just too funny. I get super irritable with my hubby, but I don't usually say anything quite so funny. I usually end up apologizing to him later because I feel so bad.

11. redlemonade

Well I'm glad I gave you girls (and your OHs) a giggle :haha: We've been laughing about it all day. My poor DH, I think he was so shocked by what I said. He found it hilarious thankfully!

PinkPeony - that's so funny, how brave of your hubby to remind you of the dog poo!

12. Linny

Linny Well-Known Member

OMG I can't believe how funny that is! I laughed I think for the first time today cos mostly I've been scowling and cursing at everything under my breath! Defo angry mamma today!!

Thanks 😃

13. redlemonade

So glad I could cheer you up :)

14. MrsGax

MrsGax Well-Known Member

hahaha that is so funny! Sorry you have been so emotional. So have I! One second, I feel super happy, next I am sobbing or just mad lol. Oh, the joys of pregnancy!

15. Bellababy

Bellababy Well-Known Member

Just read this post and it's really made me giggle!! Xxx