Holy Stress, Batman!

katieebugg

Reaction score
Hey Ladies! hope you are all doing so well!

I am really looking for some support and for some mamas in the first trimester that can relate!!

My job is incredibly stressful, I am a manager of Credit Card Customer Service at a bank, I take all complaints from angry, frustrated, abusive customers (over the phone thankfully) and the pressure from management to basically "be perfect" is exhausting.

I find myself constantly in a state of needing to take deep breaths or on the verge of tears and grumpy at the end of the day! I have had to take 2 days off because of it and I am trying to be the best I can be to get the promotion I have wanted for a long time but baby comes first. Always.

I am also in the second week of coming off of my anti anxiety medication and it feels like there is an elephant on my chest. This daunting, stressful, worst case scenario feeling. I am thinking of prenatal yoga to help out where it can and I have been watching a lot of episodes of "Friends" lol...I just feel like I'm in a funk! and i am so scared its going to hurt or damage my sweet little Lentil seed! I would simply never forgive myself...so yes, now I am stressing about stressing..

Help! has anyone been through something similar?

Would love some advice!

Thank you in advance

Katie

I am really looking for some support and for some mamas in the first trimester that can relate!!

My job is incredibly stressful, I am a manager of Credit Card Customer Service at a bank, I take all complaints from angry, frustrated, abusive customers (over the phone thankfully) and the pressure from management to basically "be perfect" is exhausting.

I find myself constantly in a state of needing to take deep breaths or on the verge of tears and grumpy at the end of the day! I have had to take 2 days off because of it and I am trying to be the best I can be to get the promotion I have wanted for a long time but baby comes first. Always.

I am also in the second week of coming off of my anti anxiety medication and it feels like there is an elephant on my chest. This daunting, stressful, worst case scenario feeling. I am thinking of prenatal yoga to help out where it can and I have been watching a lot of episodes of "Friends" lol...I just feel like I'm in a funk! and i am so scared its going to hurt or damage my sweet little Lentil seed! I would simply never forgive myself...so yes, now I am stressing about stressing..

Would love some advice!

Thank you in advance

Katie

Hi! My job is can be stressful as well, not constantly, but just enough through out the week, where it can get to me! I also deal with anxiety and use to be on medication to help it. When I came off my anti-anxiety medication it was rough for a couple weeks, but the feelings and side effects do subside! I promise! I would take hot baths to get the "elephant" on my chest feeling to go away. How far along are you?

Would love some advice!

Thank you in advance

Katie

Hi! My job is can be stressful as well, not constantly, but just enough through out the week, where it can get to me! I also deal with anxiety and use to be on medication to help it. When I came off my anti-anxiety medication it was rough for a couple weeks, but the feelings and side effects do subside! I promise! I would take hot baths to get the "elephant" on my chest feeling to go away. How far along are you?

Your response has already made me feel better, knowing someone else can relate is huge for me, I'll be 7 weeks on Sunday. Still so early and my SO is working 3 hours away until the end of this month, he left today so I think it pushed me over the edge.

I get it. I found out I was pregnant two days before my report cards were due! And was coaching basketball and had a basketball tournament. There was no way I could do my job to the full extent as I normally would as I also have been sick with a bad cold on top of it all!

So I ended up telling my principal earlier than I normally would. Now I feel way less guilty and stressed about putting myself and baby first. Normally I put my job above everything and spend most of my free time putting extra effort into it, but being pregnant and sick on too of it I had to take care of myself. Telling my boss really helped me do that and he was understanding and went out of his way to help and support me.

I understand how you feel. I work for a law firm, which is extremely stressful on a good day, and one of the other employees is out for three weeks and I am expected to do her job, as well, in addition to mine. On top of that, we are training a newbie and have another employee who absolutely refuses to get a car (something I was told was a hard requirement when I got hired) so I have to do all the aspects of her job that require going anywhere. So I am doing 2.5 positions here, and losing my mind.

Add to that a second part-time job as a customer service manager, and I could just scream! I am working 7 days a week and don't even have time to nap or unwind. I am not entirely sure how I am going to handle this for the rest of this pregnancy! I am so exhausted and so crabby by the end of the day that I just feel terrible for my husband and our pets.

I don't have any advice besides trying to take quick breaks whenever you can, consider naps on your lunch break (I have a coworker who lets me borrow a corner of her office), and don't be afraid to ask for help at home when you need it. If cooking is one of your regular duties, don't feel bad if you pare down on the gourmet stuff and have more quickie dinners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->