• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Home birth after 2 sections?

SteffyRae

Reaction score
Is it possible, risks involved? How would I find a midwife willing to let try? Stories of your experiences appreciated!

Hi, didnt want to read and run. You are in America? I know here that each state has its own laws regarding home birth after csection. Im currently in Arizona and midwives here are not allowed to attend a home birth for a woman who has previously had a csection. I think you can just look up midwives in your area and contact them to see what they have to say.

Awesome thanks so much for responding, yes I am in Ohio which isn't very midwife friendly as it is but I will investigate.

It is possible, but finding a midwife that will assist knowing your history will be really hard. There are many factors that play a roll. They will have to factor in the reasons you have had C-sections and how thick the lining is of your uterus. If you do find one, you will still need an OB as a back up as midwives are unable to perform surgery. Good Luck though. Hope this answered your question!

Thanks :) I'm not 100% sure on if I want to attempt a home birth next time around but want to explore all options

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->