Home birth by accident

hel_5

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone could help :flower:

I have REALLY quick labours, we live a good hour from the hosp (and being rural the ambulance has to come from the hosp) I fully intend on getting to the hosp in time, but we thought it would be best to be prepared incase I don't!!

My past two labours have been straight forward and quite easy, I will be having a natural birth regardless, is there anything I can do to prepare myself and DH incase I do give birth at home? x

Just plan for a home birth? It would be better to have a planed one with midwifes who have all their kit than it ending up just you and your OH

We would, but there are not many midwives in Ireland that do home births, the closest one to me is 45 mins away xx

My midwives were an hour away. They were at my house one hour from when I called them (even though it was the middle of the night!) I think it might still be an option for you. :) Good luck with your birth!!!

I had an impromptu home birth, I'd say have lots of towels to hand, a torch, plenty of socks and make sure you've got some things for you and baby easily to hand cos it's pain jn the bum trying to explain to someone where things are jn your bag lol!

This is great, it covers pretty much everything :)

https://rebeccaawright.com/2012/01/...ed-or-what-do-you-do-when-birth-just-happens/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->