Home birth hopefuls?

pinkstarbinks

Reaction score
Hey is anyone in first tri hoping to attempt a home birth? After 2 nice birthing centre births and 1 horrible mainstream hospital birth ive asked for a home birth. Quite excited for how this will go. Sounds so liberating and empowering! Anyone else? :flower:

Me! Me! I had my first on delivery (he was back to back and slowed down contractions it was a bit crazy) I had my 2nd and 3rd at the birthing unit and my 4th was at home! I’m hoping no.5 will be st home too!

It was an amazing experience so really recommend if it’s possible x

I had the most amazing home birth experience with my first and I would 100% recommend to anyone with a healthy pregnancy! My first was however 11lb 1oz and I understand the serious complications that could have occurred from this and I have totally put myself off having this one at home. Maybe after some growth scans to confirm a smaller baby I might just be swayed though haha x

Wow emma, well done for that! I hope you are able to have a beautiful birth however it happens this time. Mummy to corben that's so nice. Hope you have another cracking home birth too x

I probably will, I freebirthed at home last time, not on purpose, everything just happened quickly!
Middle was nice waterbirth at birthing unit and first was in hospital maternity ward, no problems. I haven’t needed drugs in the past and hope everything goes hunky dory again.
My only concern is my house is full of kids! I kind of wish I could borrow someone else’s home to birth in!

I probably will, I freebirthed at home last time, not on purpose, everything just happened quickly!
Middle was nice waterbirth at birthing unit and first was in hospital maternity ward, no problems. I haven’t needed drugs in the past and hope everything goes hunky dory again.
My only concern is my house is full of kids! I kind of wish I could borrow someone else’s home to birth in!

Mine all watched my 4th be born. They all woke up at about 6am and he was born 6.53am. They all behaved perfectly. I was surprised at how little mess there was... midwives took most the dirty stuff x

Mark and annie wow to freebirthing! Saw a youtube video looked fantastic so natural beautiful

Me. My 3rd baby was a home birth . I loved being in my own bed after. All my family got to cone meet her when she was only a few hours old and my 2md got to watch his sister being born . It was wonderful

Aw thats so lovely. Amazing to hear your children have witnessed these calm serene births too. Have been looking at tens machines to have on stand by as pain relief have seen good reviews about them x

Pinkstar I’ve used tens machines with my last 2 labours. It’s hard to say if they take away any pain but I can say it’s definitely a distraction. I always time my contractions on an app so with a tens machine and an app it kinda gives you something to do.

Aw thats so lovely. Amazing to hear your children have witnessed these calm serene births too. Have been looking at tens machines to have on stand by as pain relief have seen good reviews about them x

If j being perfectly honest it was not serene lol my second was a natural hospital birth and much quieter . But I also broken my tail bone and dislocated my hip 10 days before I had her so it was different. There was alot of noise and i also tried to run out of the house at one point because I was done being in labour . But not was still an amazing experience. Yelling and all

Ouch dream thats horrific poor poor thing! Hope you're all nicely recovered with no lasting effects now? Im gonna make sure the kida have somewhere to go just in case i can't handle the pain and get overly vocal dont wanna traumatise them. Middle one gets high anxiety older ones very sensitive so probably for the best as youngest will only be 4 by that point. If i could bank on me being calm and serene I'd love to of had them there tho haha even if just pottering around behind the scenes in and out as they wished. Was only super calm for ds2 birth so wont trust myself haha. In all fairness tho in ds3 labour we did receive an overdose of the synto drip which couldve killed baby and i so no wonder started telling oh gonna die when it was continous contractions (he just wasnt ready to come!) And in first labour he was back to back so feel my vocal moans were justified haha although that was overall a lovely birth still just a bit noisy towards end. Middle birth lovely. Kids best to be with grandparents all considered though really. Thanks mummy to corben thats good to know! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->