***Home birth of Nathaniel G. W.***

What a lovely birth story, congratulations and thanks for sharing. xxx

What an amazing story!! It made me really emotional!! These hormones are getting to me :haha: !!! Absolutely in awe of you guys, well done!!! xx

what a amazing birth story really did bring tears to my eyes it was really peacefull and natural with just u and hubby,

well done

With our first son, we started out at a birth center, became tired with how they were pushing so much testing on us, and went the homebirth route, making the switch to an independant mw around 20 weeks gestation. The rest of the pregnancy was perfect, but when it came time to give birth, mw checked me and DS was breech. I was already in transition, but she wanted to transport anyhow (labor was going smoothly) I had to hold back my contractions on the way to the hospital (DH drove us), which was horribly painful. MW missed the turn for the hospital, and she didn't arrive at the hospital until after DS1 was born. The hospital staff was crap and treated us like children. (I was 23 and DH was 21 at the time) Luckily, DS was already at +3 station when we arrived and they couldn't do a c-section. However, they refused to let DH in the room while I was giving birth, even though I specifically asked them to, and he was already suited up ready to go. After the birth, they forced pitocin on me for 3rd stage. I say forced, because I told them that I neither wanted nor needed it, told them no, and they answered "well, we have to" and gave it to me anyways. There was a lot more that went on at the hospital, but it suffices to say that I will never consider going to a hospital for a birth again unless it is a true emergency.

Goodness me, no wonder you don't trust them! I can't believe they wouldn't let your DH in the room when you needed him the most, it sounds like you had an awful time :hugs: I'm glad this time was much better xx

AMAZING. I have goosebumps reading this, a truly magical birthing experience.

Well done and congratulations xx

I'm so glad everything went smoothly and you got to have the beautiful natural birth you and your hubby wanted. It sounds like everything went perfectly beautiful. Your story makes me feel all the more encouraged and confident that my hubby and I are making the right decision with a UC birth. I can only imagine what a wonderful experience it must have been to share the labor and birth with no one else but the man you love!!! Congratulations!!:hugs::flower:

fantastic story. good for you for sticking by your guns!

Congratulations to you and your DH. I can't believe that you and hubby did this totally on your own. I am in total amazement since I am a natural born worrier I can't imagine doing that on my own.

congratulations! a truley beautiful story

what a lovely birth story! congrats hun and well done for managing to do it all by yourself :flower:

Silver penny,

What a fantastic birth story!

Hope u don't mind me asking - what's a blessing ("my DH gave me a blessing")?

Kimmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->