Home Birth Plan Templates?

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
Does anyone have a like tto any/have some samples I can have a look at please :flower:

Just want to make sure I cover everything and don't miss anything out. I keep reading in this section and being like "oh gosh I never even thought about that" so want to be well informed and include everything I can when I write it.

Thank you :) xxx

I didn't have one with my first, but it is a brilliant exercise to go through even if it is just for yourself, as It forces you to think about all the what if's and exam what levels of interventions you are comfortable with and on what basis of presentation YOU deem them to be necessary.

My birth plan this time round is mostly more about what I want my MWs TO do and what I DON'T want them to do - little or nothing about me and my actions.. as what I want is natural.. and my actions can be sumed up in just that one word. ;-) However, it is all the if's and buts that I don't want written down.. for all to read, only for me, to remind myself how I feel about interventions. Do you know what I mean? Otherwise it will be Birth plan; natural.. (one line), and then 5 pages of, in the even of me deciding interventions become necessary!

There is a general headings on the NSH choices website for you to think about, but I think that it is a good idea to have a note pad with all the general headings, and then when people talk about the options and their experiences (i.e from birth stories) it can help you examine how you would feel about those presentations - so it becomes something more living.. and more in-line with your wishes. It is really hard to think about from a standing-start.

Sorry that is a semi-unhelpful answer Linzi! ;-)
XxX

No no hun thats brilliant thank you :)

I don't particularaly want a strict birth plan coz I know it doesn't always go the way you want it to (thankfully the one I made for my son never left my bag or Id have been on an epidural as soon as was possible).

Its more that I want to make sure Ive thought about everything and the things that are important (e.g. cord left pulsing etc) are included and I haven't just missed them out. I don't know how much more is involved in planning a home birth either.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"