Home from hospital

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
Had a scary couple of days :(

Id posted in the breastfeeding bit that Seth was having problems feeding on wednesday night and most of the day yesterday, which my HV put down to thrush and having a sore mouth.

By about 630 last night Seth had a temperature and was really floppy and lethargic, and just whimpering. It was the most horrible thing ever, I was so scared!

We took him to the out of hours doctor who said that he needed to go to a&e so we took him there. His temperature was still up and he wasn't right so they decided to keep him in to rule out meningitis. He was very ill, but he still managed to flirt with all of the lady nurses! lol They gave him some calpol

We took him to the ward and they put a thigny in his hand so they didn't have to keep putting needles in him, and they strapped it on with a bandage that went from his fingers to his elbow and it had a splint in it and took some blood.

I stayed in and Matt went home and Ive never felt so lonely in my life. I just sat and cried pretty mucvh all night. Seth wouldn't settle in the cot, so I had to stay up with him sleeping on my chest beause I was too scared to fall asleep.

His bloods came back with some sort of virus which he's been treated for, and he also has conjunctivitis and oral thrush which he has medicine for too and they let us come home.

He's still very groggy and sleepy, but he's more himself. He's been smiling which is definately a good sign! and his temperature has gone too.

What a horrible night :( I really am so grateful I don't have a poorly baby because I don't think I could have managed any longer with him in there. It was awful!

xxx

aw how scary, glad to hear he is on the mend and you back at home, hope he makes a quick recovery! :hugs:

bless ya...hope he gets better soon and you all settle back into normal family life

h x

:hugs: aww hun, its so scarey isnt it. I was in with Oscar one night too and did pretty much the same, up crying all night.
:hugs: I'm glad your both home now

:hugs:

Hope he feels better soon hun. Its so scary when they are poorly.

xxx

Sounds so scary :(

So glad he's doing better now :hugs: x

:hug: Very scary. Glad to hear he's feeling better though, hope he continues to make a quick recovery :hugs:

big :hug: that sounds so scarey xxx

oh poor seth :hugs:
sorry to hear he is poorly, sounds like you had a worrying time..
xxx

How is Seth doing Linzi. Hope he is getting better each day?
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->