Home made nappies

bubbles

1DS, 1DD & preggo
Reaction score
I finally finished my first nappy :happydance: it's just a fitted terry but I'm so proud of it even though it did take me over a week to do (didn't have any elastic) I then made Edward one and just testing it out now. We're not getting on too well with the poppered pockets so thought this would be a good alternative. Sorry it's a bit random just never made anything I'm proud of :blush:

Well, your a lot more talented than I am! You must tell us how it holds up.

DH wouldn't let me take a pic of it on Edward (he's dead funny about his pic being on the internet) so will have to wait til it's washed. It held up quite well with a baby beehinds wrap on. Got half of my terry squares out last night and will be sat making more when Edward goes for his nap, he loves the sewing machine too much for me to attemp it while he's down here, it's quite cute when he stands there going 'choo choo' at it :haha:

Here we go, this is the one I have just done :happydance: only took me 1hr 30min. better not get too cocky or something bad will happen like my sewing machine will blow up :haha:

very nice :)

im sure your machine wont blow up lol, although saying that ive panicked a few times when my needles snapped that my machine has blown up, has never happened yet and im on it all the time lol

what did u make your nappy out of?

I just used a couple of terry squares, I have sewn in a soaker of terry and an old flannel sheet (I read ages ago this would stop the terry sticking together and keep them more absorbant for longer). I got a load when pregnant with Ed but by the time I got to use them he was all wriggly and I got panicy about stabbing him with the pins so stopped trying :dohh:

Next task to take over the nappy world:muaha: or maybe just try my hand at some pocket nappies and PUL wraps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->