home made yogurt

kosh

proud new mum!
Reaction score
does any one have a recipe for home made yogurt?

and also, how 'bad' are petit filous?

thanks!

I don't know about recipes, I know you can get packs to make it yourself at holland and Barrett etc. I don't like petit filous at all, it's full of sugar. I just use natural or Greek yoghurt with fruit

natural yogurt is fab, i quite often add fruit to it for my daughter or even oats sometimes. x

This is the easiest recipe and I'm going to try it soon.

4 cups full fat milk
1/4 cup of natural yoghurt

Preparation
Heat milk in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until it is steaming, barely bubbling and registers 180°F on an instant-read or candy thermometer. (Do not leave unattended—it can boil over very quickly.)
Carefully pour the milk into a clean, heat-safe 5- to 8-cup container. Let stand, stirring frequently, until cooled to 110°F. Combine yogurt with 1/2 cup of the 110° milk in a small bowl, then stir the mixture back into the warm milk.
Cover the container and wrap in a clean kitchen towel to help keep it warm. Place in a very warm place and let stand, undisturbed, until thickened and tangy, at least 8 hours and up to 12 hours. Refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours. The yogurt will thicken a bit more in the refrigerator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->