Home Water Birth to welcome Baby Mylo! (on due date 09/08/09)

Tsia

My MyloMan - he turned 1!
Reaction score
well.. my birth story- most of it copy and pasted onto here>>
Lost some mucus plug on the thursday, and more on the friday, but all just clear, no blood tinged or anything.
had sex friday night.. tactfully on my part! lol

Saturday 8th august.. from 6am.. all of a sudden getting period like cramps every 10 mins lasting a minute at a time. kept myself busy but the pattern didnt change or progress till my waters broke.

At midnight.. just as I was going to go get some shut eye, decided that if this was early labour I would have to get rest seeing as I had been upsince 6am!
I briefly laid down before getting up the energy to climb the stairs- and MY WATERS WENT POP ON THE SOFA!!!
I had a brief half hour break from any pains or contractions after that.. then they started to come more and more.

MW came- examined me 1am.. 3 cm dialated- but didnt want to leave me. stuck tens on.. worked through pains becoming more frequent etc.. but now no waters were a little more intense!
gas and air til 6am.. all giggling along with the mw, had the pethadine injection.. got out my pool... got in and IT WAS LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!
reminded me of being all relaxed having a drink in one of them pool bars you find on holiday! lol

REALLY HELPED MY PAIN- plus still having the gas and air.. I was going through it so fast! - about 11 cannisters in all.. at one point OH had to leave and go get me some more on request from the mw!!!

9am MW did another internal and I was 8cm dialated. then got joined by second midwife who was supposed to be taking over from 1st, but they both stayed- talk about undivided attention!!! lol 1st mw had been with me all the way through and didnt wanna miss then end I think.. for the sake of a couple of hours, she said she'll put in overtime as I remember saying that I didnt want her not getting paid for staying. lol

pushing came- OMG THE GAS AND AIR WAS NO LONGER HAVING ANY EFFECT- BUT WASNT GOING TO RUSH HIM OUT EVEN THOUGH THE OVERWHELMING URGE TO PUSH WAS SO IMMENSE!
every push (about 8 in total) flet like I wasnt getting anywhere with him..

half hour of pushing.. cleared the head- no tearing to perenium, but 'grazes' to surrounding labia and a minor rip to it!! which mw consequently used 2 stitches to sew back together.. but perenium in tact.. woop woop.. this was my worst fear!
the intense burning of the pushes for his head really hit home.. I felt the labia rip I swear it!
then mw's wanted me to keep going for the body to follow, but all contracions had stopped so literally sat the with his head popping out for like 5 mins before a next cobtraction came.

one more push and his body came.. up through the water, straight onto my chest.. breifly rinsing him off in the water on the way- just as I wanted. me balling and he cried straight away- but then stopped once he warmed up again. My mum still on skype watching the whole room on skype!!

he is so laid back its unbeliveable.. doesnt even show intrest yet in latching on. I did try a couple times but just fell asleep on me. MW said its alll fine. the under carriage bleeding on me is sore and I had to have a wee in the shower as it stung SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!

Am soooo knackered- went to sleep - all 3 of us when mw's left!

so thats it- Mylo.. a smooth well planned entrance to the world... & BANG ON HIS DUE DATE TOO! -Talk about Mr Punctuality!!!:happydance:

oh and he is 6lb.10

have uploaded the first 2 pics of him >>

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/baby%20pics/Mylo1.jpg

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/baby%20pics/mylo2.jpg

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/baby%20pics/Image0364.jpg
my fave pic so far.. glad he got my big blue eyes!! :happydance:

wow, lovely story, it sounds like everything went to plan for you:)

he is BEAUTIFUL!!! and congrats! sounds like you had the kind of labour the rest of us dream about!!!

Congratulations he is beautiful xxxx

oh bless, many congrats - that dummy is so huge on him!

xxxxxxx

great story and what a cutie Mylo is :) x

He is gorgeous.
Great birth story, hope you are both well xx

Gongrats! He is lovely! x x

Gongrats! x sorry for double post didnt even notice!

Lovely story - and how ace that your mum got to watch too! xxx

:cloud9: :cloud9:
Well done - he is just gorgeous, so glad you managed your home birth,
Keep the pics coming :happydance:

I can't believe how similar he and Emma look in the first picture!!!

Congratulations!!

Congratulations, it's sounds like you had a great experience and great that your Mum watched it on Skype!! He's soooo cute, well done x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->