Homebirth Hopeful! (Intro)

floatingbaby

Mum of 1 and Preggo!
Reaction score
Hello :wave:

I posted recently in the second tri about my excitement about the possibility of getting a MW and having a HB and didn't get a single response :dohh: go figure...

Anyway, I wanted to introduce a bit as I'm REALLY pumped about the possibility and don't have anyone else around who understands :shrug: I live on a very small, remote island - no doctors or stores or anything, there are about 14 permanent residents here (more in the summer) all of which are 50+ (not knocking, just DH and I are under 27). We decided to have our baby in my old hometown where my folks and siblings live and then stay there for a few months (June-Sept).

I have been seeing my regular GP in the nearest town (albeit not as regularly as suggested) but she knows that I am going to a different town for the birth. She is fine as a GP, but not at all what I am looking for in a prenatal caregiver. My ma set me up with a maternity doc in her town who I met and was completely wonderful. I told her my initial desire was to have a midwife and she said I need to honour that and at least get in touch with the midwife there. She said there is only one midwife in the town and so home births are not an option :sad1:

Earlier this week I heard back from the MW!!!!! She said she is all booked for July :nope: but wanted my info just in case. She asked me what my ideal birth would be and I said home birth - and then she changed! She said that she felt almost compelled to take me on b/c she is the only one who can help me achieve that (she has two on-call MW who can assist). So that was pretty cool. She still have to see if a spot opens up (one lady might be moving towns) and then we'd meet and everything... but I have a preeeeeeetty good feeling about it :happydance:

Then I asked DH (we had been talking back and forth and I'd been filling him with great information) and he said he's come around to the idea and would feel good having a HB :wohoo:
Then I called my mom and asked if her and pa would be OK if I had a HB in their house, and though she was a little apprehensive (just nervous about problems, though she shouldn't be, she had a HB!) she said her and dad would not hold prevent me... but I think I could get them even more on board with time.

So, sorry for the novel :haha: please send me your good thoughts, prayers and positive vibes that will let this lady move so I can have a MW!!!! :thumbup:

Hope it works out for you! I am also hoping for a home birth, we don't have a midwife yet (and I'm 31 weeks:wacko:) but I think we have finally found one, we just have to contact her still. If it works out we are going to be having it at my parents house too. They live close to us but we live in an apartment up three flights of stairs, with lots of neighbors and not much space, so have decided we'd rather be at their house. They are actually going to stay somewhere else so we can have quiet and privacy, which is really nice of them.

Thanks Bunny! It's so exciting, isn't it! I really hope your midwife works out for you :flow:

I am having my mom as a my doula so I'm fine for her to stay... but a little more uncomfortable with my dad :wacko: We love each other to bits... but he's still my dad! My mom says he'll be fine (being in the house, not a witness) b/c he's been to five births before and he gets it. But part of me wants him to just, be elsewhere... yet I feel back asking him to leave his own house, so I'm thinking of just trying to let it slide.

That is sweet of your folks to stay elsewhere, nice peeps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->