Homebirth/midwife or hospital/doctor?

Thank you so much for all the wonderful discussion ladies.

Like I said we're still in the decisions mode for home birth but I for sure want a midwife. I think that is a decision I'd make with OH and the midwife.

I just think if so many babies the world over are born at home, then a educated/trained midwife with all the things she'd need to have a safe delivery that is regulated by my province can't be so dangerous if my pregnancy goes well and I'm low risk.

I'll keep you posted with decisions when that time comes.

I've never seen the appeal of home births. For me no matter how low risk the pregnancy is there are a lot of things that can go wrong during birth. Even if you are 5 min from the hospital a baby not breathing for 30 seconds will do permanant damage, too scary for me!

Plus, the mess and smell etc... bleugh, I'd want hubby to be cuddling the baby with me, not trying to work out how much bleach and air freshener we need to get the house ready for visitors.

I'm lucky that there's a midwife led unit 15 min from me with full consulatant back up.

i just want to say that birth is a normal thing and generally you hear the worse things about labour and labour can progress normally and need no intervention and baby can be fine. yes there is the possibility of things going wrong, but if you think positevely, it brings a more ppositive outcome.

also homebirth does mot have to be messy or smelly. sheets are but out to catch waters if they have not broken yet, and is pretty easy for the midwife to carefully pick up and take away. but if its not for you, its not for you =)

im not sure where the nearest midwife centre is to me, but i live near southampton now sio i imagine id be in the same place as one born every minute is filmed! maybe one of those midwife's too!!

I want as natural a birth as possible, but I want it in a hospital!! It would definitaly relax me more knowing that if somethign went wrong, help was at hand. And also, I hate the idea of all that mess and people in my house!! And also, I live in a terraced house, so the idea of my neighbours (including 2 teenage boys!) hearing my while I'm in labour...no thank you! Think it'd also freak my darling kitties out too :)

I have to totally agree with you anniepie I want to go through natural birth not a c-section (both my sisters were unable to give birth naturally and both wished they had) and I also need to be in a hospital as I would worry far too much if I wasn't!
Although I hate hospitals all those germs freak me out and I OCD with the hand gel I would feel safer and happier there :)

I plan on hospital birth. This will be my first baby and it would just make me feel comfortable since I have no idea what could happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->