Homework overload

I remember reading somewhere that children who had no homework achieved a better grade than those with loads. I can't find the article for the life of me now, but there might be some truth in that.

It's called a break for a reason... Not take school home for two weeks. That is ridiculous and I would be furious.

My children get a homework packet at the beginning of the week, to be completed and turned in by Friday. Basically 4 evenings to complete about 15 pages of work, for 2 primary school children each. Along with a daily reading log to be completed and turned in at the end of the month. Sorry, but I feel that the time I spend reading to my children should be personal family time and shouldn't be required to be reported for school credit. Put all that together with a single working mother, trying to help 2 children with a boatload of homework, make dinner and baths...there is no time left to relax and enjoy family. I'm not against homework but I feel the more time children get to spend at home winding down from school, the more excited they will be for the next school day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->