Homework??

My son is always asking me to make up sheets of maths for him, he enjoys doing some extra work. Last year he actually asked me to teach him the periodic table :wacko: I had no clue he even knew what it was but he did :haha: He did mentioned a few times that when he is finished his work his teacher asks him to help his friend (his friend is in a lower group) I didnt think anything of this but maybe the teacher has been trying to keep him occupied.
I love the fact that he loves learning but hate the struggle with homework :haha::haha:

Oh my goodness that sounds like my son :haha::haha: although my son is far from gifted :haha: At his last parent teacher meeting we were told about how he likes to roam around the class, his finishes his work then goes for a walk waiting for everyone else to finish :haha: He can hold 2-3 conversations at the same time and still be listening to the lesson so he is distracting his friends but still listening to everything that is being taught. I do have to say though he is never in trouble and him and his teacher now have a secret look, if my son is roaming or distracting his teacher will give him a look and he knows he needs to stop which he does with no fuss.

Mine is similar but they get her to help once she has finished her work she can help explain it to the others who are having difficultly. She really enjoys that bit and it reinforces to her exactly how it works. They are often encouraged to do things in mixed ability pairs as well.

I must say though I thought odd and even numbers was on the KS1 syllabus (DD has been doing them for her KS1 YEar 2 SATS) so its seems odd in Year 3.

I can skim read too, I read a 1200 book on holiday in a week and could answer questions about it

Thats what I thought :wacko: he had the worksheet done in about 2 minutes, there were 5 sections each section had 5 problems but things like colour the even number red, colour the odd numbers blue, mark in the missing even numbers, make a list of your own odd numbers :wacko: I couldnt believe that a 8 year old was given it for homework :shrug:
His teacher is the head of key stage 2 maths department so I guess he knows what he is doing, well I hope he does :haha::haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->