Honest opinions on:

mordygordy

Reaction score
Alexei (A-lex-i) and
Knox

At the moment these are the two names I think I will be going to hospital with when I have my son. Alexei has been a fav since having my first over 5 years ago but wasn't even considered for my 2nd for some reason (goes to show how your taste changes). Knox has only been on my list for a fortnight or so but i am liking it more and more.

I was at first going Lennox with the nn Knox as I don't like that Knox doesn't have a shortening and I wanted a name that did as all my other kids do. (I have actually dismissed 2 of my fav's bc of this) but it seems I like it enough to keep it there. BUT I don't like Lennox and don't want him to get Len, Lenny.

I know now Knox is a school and a shopping center (never have heard of the hopping center until I asked on another forum) but that doesn't worry me its in another state and people name there children after towns etc all the time.

Alexei (A-lex-i) and
Knox

At the moment these are the two names I think I will be going to hospital with when I have my son. Alexei has been a fav since having my first over 5 years ago but wasn't even considered for my 2nd for some reason (goes to show how your taste changes). Knox has only been on my list for a fortnight or so but i am liking it more and more.

I was at first going Lennox with the nn Knox as I don't like that Knox doesn't have a shortening and I wanted a name that did as all my other kids do. (I have actually dismissed 2 of my fav's bc of this) but it seems I like it enough to keep it there. BUT I don't like Lennox and don't want him to get Len, Lenny.

I know now Knox is a school and a shopping center (never have heard of the hopping center until I asked on another forum) but that doesn't worry me its in another state and people name there children after towns etc all the time.

I haven't heard of Knox being anything. Its all in where you live.

I would think fort Knox

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Knox

im English by the way and this is a common association, dont know of any other Knox things though

I would think Brad and Angelina's child, they have a son Knox I think.

I think both names are masculine, decent names. You can't really go wrong with either one, in my opinion.

When I heard Alexei for some reason I thought 'girl', I love it though.

I think Knox is a really strong name, I wouldn't associate it with anything tbh just a lovely unique name :thumbup:

I like the name Alexei.

Interestingly it's the name of a character in Ninja Assassin. The character is German, I believe.

Here Knox is a brand/form of gelatin.

I like both names, I do know an Alexei but its a girl. But Alexei was the name of one of the heirs to the throne in the House of Romanov in Russia. His sister was Anastasia.
I really like Knox though its different, but definitely a strong name.

I adore Alexei. It's a very strong name. The only connection it has for me is Alexei Sayle, but that's neither bad nor commonly thought of, especially outside of the UK!

I'm not keen on Knox. It sounds a bit harsh, like the word knocks.

lol, its not just me then

I knew a girl called Alexei along time ago and was think im I remembering wrong was it actually Alexis but others have confirmed that I may not be crazy lol It does sound like a girls name to me

Alexei is a male Russian name. But like many names now days (such as Emerson) many use as a girls name too now:growlmad:). I don't know any female Alexei only a male but yes I think many would use it for either. To me it is a male names though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->