mod19

Reaction score
We have our girl name picked out:

Laken Rae

Our boy name is a toss up between:

Casen Ray
Colby Ray

(Ray has significance obviously)

Can I get honest opinions please? Keep in mind we're the US. I just don't want people to look at us strange, especially with Laken.

Thanks!

Honestly, Laken sounds made up and I'm not a fan of Casen either, sorry.

I'm not a huge fan of Casen. The other two are better.

Laken sounds weird. Makes me think of 'release the cracken!'. Just sounds made up. The others are OK. Colby is a type of cheese. That's what I think when I hear it.

Release the what? Its origin is American, that's why I wanted that taken into effect. It doesn't have the most awesome meaning "from the lake" but I've met both genders with the name and absolutely fell in love with it for a girl. I just don't want to name her that (if its a girl) if everyone is going to react negatively in person too.

Laken sounds weird. Makes me think of 'release the cracken!'. Just sounds made up. The others are OK. Colby is a type of cheese. That's what I think when I hear it.

Colby Lewis is one of my favorite baseball players. Yes I know its cheese too, but that's OK. :)

I don't really like Laken or Casen. Laken just sounds awkward to me. It may be a name people don't hear, but it's also not super weird or anything either.
As for Casen.. just not my cup of tea.
Colby is ok though.

Yeah, Colby is ok, I don't care for the other two. Honestly though, I don't think anyone would react negatively to them in person though, so if you like them I'd go for it.

I really don't care for Laken, but totally your choice. I think Loch could be cool and off the beaten path, but I think of it as more masculine.

Release the Kraken :haha: It's from Clash of the Titans but has taken on a life of internet memes/references. Anyway, I don't think of that at all when I see Laken because they're not pronounced the same (or at least I don't think). Kraken is Kraw-ken and Laken is Lay-kin? I think Laken is cute. I don't mind Colby, I've known a few Colbys in the past. Not a fan of Casen as it sounds made up.

Colby is nice but im from uk so i dont know how to say the others or if there popular.go with what ypu love :) xx

First of all, CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for you!
After reading about the ectopic pregnancies and tube removal, I just cant imagine how excited you must be!!!
Now its time to find that perfect name for your little miracle! :)

I recently came across Cason on another forum and thought it would be pretty awesome spelled Kason.

Laken...meh, its alright. Lake for short?..
(I LOVE Rae as a middle name for a girl!!!)

Colby is ok also, but feels more fitting during childhood. Doesnt sound like a strong enough name for the man he will become....but that's my opinion.
:)

First of all, CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for you!
After reading about the ectopic pregnancies and tube removal, I just cant imagine how excited you must be!!!
Now its time to find that perfect name for your little miracle! :)

I recently came across Cason on another forum and thought it would be pretty awesome spelled Kason.

Laken...meh, its alright. Lake for short?..
(I LOVE Rae as a middle name for a girl!!!)

Colby is ok also, but feels more fitting during childhood. Doesnt sound like a strong enough name for the man he will become....but that's my opinion.
:)

Thank you! We are VERY excited.

We were actually going back and forth (still are) if Rae should be a middle name or a first name, but we both also like Laken so much.

Laken is pronounced lay-kin. Kason is a more masculine way of spelling it but I hate writing the letter K. Yes, I know there is a k in Laken, but at least its in the middle and my ugly k won't be as pronounced as it would as a first letter. I know, a stupid reason.

I've never seen Clash if the Titans so I got nothing on that one.

Laken and Casen both sound made up even though I know they are "real names" with meanings and histories. I've met a few girls named Laken and one boy with Casen. I'm honestly not a huge fan of Laken, but I do really like Casen and Colby.

I know you already have chosen Laken, so I do wanna say that I especially like her middle name. And I think Laken Rae sounds extremely fun.

I think Colby is my favorite of of the two boy names. It's fun too.

Oh God. I've just spat my tea everywhere :rofl:

I really like Colby Ray xx

Well i dont think laken sounds silly now i know how to say it.

Ive heard alot worse. Its nice to be different too so dont go for the names everyone picks. I love Sienna because i do not know anybody personally called it.

If you love it you use it :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->