Honestly, how painful was your labor?

It really is - I was convinced something was hanging out and made OH check once we got home multiple times it wasnt. :rofl: xx

Me either, so I delegated!! :rofl: I cant wait to go through labour again, it hurts and has the most odd little quirks like bum issues, but it is the most amazing experience you will ever go through and absolutely tests you to the limit, and I loved seeing what my body and mind could do. xx

I totally agree hun.....amazing! I am looking forward to it (I think lol) because I know how to handle it this time :)

Me too, I was completely chilled and positive last time (as per birth story ;)) but I am going in next time prepared and even more focused. xx

Nothing like plugging my own story!! :rofl: xx

I gave birth 8 weeks ago. It's amazing how quick the memory of the pain is fading, and I am already planning another in a few years. :wacko:

I stayed at home until 3/4 cm using a tens machine, that thing was amazing and I would definitely use it again! I went from 3/4 cm to fully dilated in just 4 hours, had gas and air and pethadin, and coped ok, although very painful. At 10cm though pain became almost unbearable, and really heavy sensation down below. I was too scared to push, and then the contractions slowed down and I had to be induced, at the end I had no pain relief, the pushing helped the pain, but pushed too hard at the ring of fire moment and hence had loads of stitches and only just recovering now.

I know the second time will be easier because I will know what to do and what to expect, it's just scary the first time when you don't know what is happening. Also I had 2 midwives, one went off duty just as I got to 10cm! They were both young and not very experienced, and there were mistakes.

24/7 Lol! :haha: I still have the feeling of pressure and bum falling out now 8 weeks later...though it's starting to ease off....eeek:blush:

My first labour was really painful and quick (3 hours in established labour). I tore quite badly too and found the stitches were nearly as bad as the contractions! The pressure was really unpleasant too and I announced to the whole maternity unit that I was going to have big poo!!
I was so sore afterwards and walking like a cowboy for days.

This time it was so different, the contractions were manageable until the very end but I was only in established labour for an hour so didn't get the long build up or tiredness. He came out with two small pushes which really didn't hurt or give me the same feeling of pressure. I didn't tear at all either so physically I felt fine after a couple of days.
I know I am so lucky with my labours that they have been quick. I do have to say though I am glad we're not planning any more babies so I don't have to do it again though :haha:

I thought i had a high pain threshold and i would just cope with it eau natural, yeah right, i was induced at lunchtime, 8pm, the contractions began with full force, the pressure was immense so i kept going to the loo, i was in foetal position, around midnight my waters broke on one of my many trips to the loo, i was shocked at how much water comes out lol, i sat on the bed and lost my plug - assuming it was that, i expected a little plug not the massive great thing that came out. lol

Next thing i know, my hubby was rushed in and told to make a decision between me and baby - emergency c section for baby or natural birth for me, i had 6 cannulas in my hands and i remeber a woman with what felt like her fist up inside me, that was agony and only then was i offered gas and air, which didnt help tbh, shortly after i was given an epidural and straight into theatre. Alot of it is a blur, but the pain is a million times worse than any pain i could imagine before.

This was my first baby and my last.

The pain was awful but I would do the labour again no problem just not the pregnancy.

I think every labour is so different, my sister has two children and with each of her births she didn't get proper contractions, for me the contractions were the worst bit and being told for two hours not to push when everything in my body was telling me to push.

I never thought I would be strong enough to get through the labour but you do just get on with it and do it :thumbup:

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread.

Labour 1 - started with waters going, I now realise two weeks too early for various reasons. Labour was 35 hours, last 5 were on syntocinon so I had an epi. Like you I was basically paralysed from my birth canal down but felt ALL the contractions. It's a misplaced epi and it should've been moved but basically no-one believed I was feeling it. :wacko: The lack of sensation lower down meant I couldn't push and my boy was delivered by ventouse. As for pain, the first maybe 18 or so hours were ok but I got tired by that point. The syntocinon contractions were not really bearable after 30 hours of labour.

Labour 2 - natural, pain relief free birth at home. Labour was 22 hours in total. The first 18-20 were really enjoyable. Yes it was painful but I used hypnobirthing through the contractions and it really helped me manage them. The last couple of super fast and strong contractions was a real struggle and the last maybe half hour of transition and pushing was bloody agony but it's over fast!

My two experiences show me how very important the mindset is and how much more manageable pain is if you can feel positive through it. I think it is hard to know and do this through a first labour and the benefit of hindsight in later labours is huge.

I wouldnt have said it at the time, but honnestly looking back mine wasnt too bad i dont think - until the end (i was stuck at 9cm but felt the urge to push and that hurt alot) I ended up with a c-sec so didnt experience the crowning and all that. My Baby was back to back so all my pain was in my back. I had a contraction 1 min apart for 23hours. And the last 2 hours or so was prob the really sore part. But not a pain i would be scared to go threw again i dont think - my LO was worth it and alot more!

i am someone who supposedly has a high pain tolerance - have had piercings (including my left nipple!) and also i have 8 tattoos in various places... i was in labor for a whole day and it didn't progress - eventually had to have an emergency c-section as baby was in distress.
the actual labor started out being bearable but eventually it got completely out of hand and i couldn't stand it. it was the kind of pain where nothing helped and i felt completely helpless, i can't even imagine it having progressed completely and actually having to push a baby out of me! I don't think i would have been capable to be honest. i can't think of a way to explain how bad that pain was, words just don't describe it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->